Ben Burnley (Breaking Benjamin) Custom PRR HB's

solacematt

Not sure if there are any fans of the band, but the bands frontman announced this week with a cool video that he's returned with a new lineup. In the video you see Ben's custom PRS Hollowbody Baritones being played by himself and co-guitarist and also long-time PRS Player Jasen Rausch of the band Red using them.

BacNIhqIcAAGufv.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Those guitars are bad ass. The line up seems good, I don't understand how/why things went so south with the original members. Ben has not come off as the nicest guy the couple times I've met him. I still kinda dig their stuff. Phobia is my favorite album, production on that album tops all they're other stuff IMO. I like the teaser vid.

My favorite band. They are why I started playing guitar. Can't wait! Need to know more about these guitars too!!

I'm a huge fan, seen them live a few times. Those Private Stock baritones are part of the reason I became a huge PRS fan early on. Still wish there was a Sig model for Ben or Pete from Chevelle.

Those guitars are bad @#!*% . The line up seems good, I don't understand how/why things went so south with the original members. Ben has not come off as the nicest guy the couple times I've met him. I still kinda dig their stuff. Phobia is my favorite album, production on that album tops all they're other stuff IMO. I like the teaser vid.

Burnley is a former Alcoholic. He recently suffered a "Disease" that went undisclosed save that he said it was due to leaving the alcohol. The band took an unexpected hiatus but while Ben was laid up, the Bassist and the guitarist came together and made a greatest hits album, and remixed "Blow Me Away" adding Valora's(awful) vocals to it. This was done behind Burnley's back and he was upset, because he would not have OK'd a greatest hits a mere 10 years in, nor did he (or the vast majority of the fans) approve of the tracks included. He fired both guys(Names are Klepaski and James I believe) and sued them for 250k in damages as well as rights to the "Breaking Benjamin" name and all the songs. He recently won the suit and has been in the studio for awhile, and even played a couple of private shows.

On a side note, I LOVE Jason Rauch. Huge R3D fan, and super pumped to see him back in the music scene(He actually co-wrote part of the "Dear Agony" album).

Last edited:
Burnley is a former Alcoholic. He recently suffered a "Disease" that went undisclosed save that he said it was due to leaving the alcohol. The band took an unexpected hiatus but while Ben was laid up, the Bassist and the guitarist came together and made a greatest hits album, and remixed "Blow Me Away" adding Valora's(awful) vocals to it. This was done behind Burnley's back and he was upset, because he would not have OK'd a greatest hits a mere 10 years in, nor did he (or the vast majority of the fans) approve of the tracks included. He fired both guys(Names are Klepaski and James I believe) and sued them for 250k in damages as well as rights to the "Breaking Benjamin" name and all the songs. He recently won the suit and has been in the studio for awhile, and even played a couple of private shows.

On a side note, I LOVE Jason Rauch. Huge R3D fan, and super pumped to see him back in the music scene(He actually co-wrote part of the "Dear Agony" album).

All of this, was incredibly accurate. At least to what I've followed.

The first time I saw RED, it was at Austin's Fuel Room in Libertyville, IL. Jason was playing a nice blue PRS Singlecut of some flavor. I also believe that was when the PRS MM Baritone came out and Anthony from RED rocked one that night like it was no one's business... Or maybe that was the second time I saw them play there that Anthony had the MM baritone. I'm going to dig for pictures I have from that night...

Sorry for the off topic pics and the flood of replies on my part but I wanted to share these since RED was brought up.

Correction, Jason wasn't playing a singlecut that night... but I got the blue part right! :D

Anthony and his MM baritone. It was a great live show by them that night.

Ben Bunrley and Mark Tremonti are the reasons I got into PRS guitars. absolutely stunning guitars. I did have my CE22 set up to play there stuff but I think I'm going to get a Mike Mushok baritone as it'll be better to replicate his sound.

Ben Bunrley and Mark Tremonti are the reasons I got into PRS guitars. absolutely stunning guitars. I did have my CE22 set up to play there stuff but I think I'm going to get a Mike Mushok baritone as it'll be better to replicate his sound.
I've been looking getting a Mushok since they released colors that weren't hideous like the original.

Pretty accurate on most of that indeed. Breaking Benjamin was started by Ben and the original drummer Jeremy Hummel, but the name was Ben's to begin with. Mark James Klepaski and Aaron Fink went and did that that remix and approved a female vocalist for "Blow me Away" behind Ben's back and the clincher with it was that neither of them was even credited for writing the song, it was all Ben's so they didn't really have that kind of say in it.

I have no doubt that Jasen Rauch is going to be great in the band. He co-wrote some of the better songs on Dear Agony and, though he left Red midway through touring their second album he has contonued to write like 95% of the recorded material that has appeared on their third and fourth discs. He only stopped touring to be with his family which is really commendable of him. It's nice to see that he's going to be back in a band and touring.

As for Ben's guitars...man, those are nuts. Last time I saw them live he had those two baritones, a PRS Hollowbody II with the BB logo as inlays, and a custom 24 and McCarty for the older songs in higher tunings (Drop D down a half step and Drop C).

All of this, was incredibly accurate. At least to what I've followed.

The first time I saw RED, it was at Austin's Fuel Room in Libertyville, IL. Jason was playing a nice blue PRS Singlecut of some flavor. I also believe that was when the PRS MM Baritone came out and Anthony from RED rocked one that night like it was no one's business... Or maybe that was the second time I saw them play there that Anthony had the MM baritone. I'm going to dig for pictures I have from that night...

Yeah, we opened for Red a few years ago and Anthony used the MM baritone for several songs that night. They were great live. Just saw a recent pic of his brother rocking a PRS bass too(looked like a GG 5).

Ahhh...well yeah, that would be no good at all. I never really followed the story.

Yeah, we opened for Red a few years ago and Anthony used the MM baritone for several songs that night. They were great live. Just saw a recent pic of his brother rocking a PRS bass too(looked like a GG 5).

Ahhh...well yeah, that would be no good at all. I never really followed the story.

Really? Sweet. What's the name of your band?

and yeah. Randy recently joined the PRS Family as well.

Back