belated NGD - squabbin & piezo content (not blue, sergio!)

watelessness

i constantly lie to myself that i have no GAS but i'm finally maturing to the point of accepting that i'm always on the lookout for a new tool, a new device to fill a sonic space, a new swatch of tonal color.

for a few years i've been backing up my main gigging 513 with another 513 because i couldn't find anything as versatile as the 513, or something that was somewhat of a replacement good but filled an additional sonic space.

a few months ago i discovered this Cu22 with a piezo and a pattern neck while browsing the Moore Music site. whoa, what is this? yeah, it looks stunning but i've had at least two P22's and they just didn't work for me, regardless of what pickups i put in them. i do love my Cu24 with the 85/15's and birdseye neck, but that guitar doesn't quite fit into the current band setting, and the neck is too small for me to play barre chords all night.

i took a gamble on this one and i am seriously stoked about this guitar.
17_Cu22_body_top_800.jpg
17_Cu22_body_top_angle_800.jpg
17_Cu2_neck_top_800.jpg

the neck feels great, the tone is monsterous, the sustain is bangin', and i can go from "what i got" to "suite madam blue" and come out the other side playing "heaven and hell" without switching guitars. the 85/15's do not sound like 513's but in this guitar they totally work for my band. i do not know what makes this guitar so much different than P22's but it is hella awesome.

not intending to diminish the purpose of the thread, but man, i wish there was a 513 with a 245-scale W/F neck and a piezo. then i'd only have to bring one guitar to gigs. but then i'd need a backup so i'd bring this green monster. :)

thanks again to all the guys at Moore Music!

Dayum!
I get what you're sayin' about a P22, I wish the neck was wide/fat.
I'm not much of a trem guy, but this CU22 checks all the boxes!
Congrats on a winner!

Back