Belated NGD: PRS P24 Trem Wood Library (Violet Uber Top)

HighGain510

Just one more...
Hey fellas! Picked this one up a short while back but haven't had a chance to get pics up and this weekend we finally had some decent weather so I wanted to post them up before I forget! Here are the specs for anyone not familiar with the run:

PRS Wood Library P24 Tremolo Violet/Korina Neck
Serial Number: 207374
Weight: 7.7lbs
Model: P24 Tremolo
Top: Hand Picked figured Maple 10 top
Finish: Violet
Body: Ribbon Mahogany
Neck: Korina
Fretboard: Ebony
Number of Frets: 24
Scale Length: 25″
Inlays: Birds with hand selected Sparkle Mother Of Pearl centers and Paua outlines
Neck carve: Pattern Regular
Tuners: Phase III Locking
Bridge: PRS Tremolo, Piezo
Pickups: 57/08 humbuckers (swapped in covered \m/ pickups), PRS/L.R. Baggs piezo
Electronics: Volume, Tone, 5 way, 3 way for piezo
Hardware: Hybrid
Case: White Paisley hardshell (worked out a deal with the dealer for an Artist Package Case as a substitute since those are a bit nicer, IMO)

On to the pics!

PRS_P24_Trem_WL_Violet_6_zps6c1fa9e3.jpg

PRS_P24_Trem_WL_Violet_8_zps3f6cd4e1.jpg

PRS_P24_Trem_WL_Violet_10_zps2abdb780.jpg

PRS_P24_Trem_WL_Violet_11_zpsdb0c9388.jpg

PRS_P24_Trem_WL_Violet_13_zps940b57bb.jpg

PRS_P24_Trem_WL_Violet_14_zpsbdfad136.jpg

PRS_P24_Trem_WL_Violet_17_zps3501efa8.jpg

PRS_P24_Trem_WL_Violet_18_zps9dbd0d3a.jpg

PRS_P24_Trem_WL_Violet_20_zps35b18cfc.jpg

PRS_P24_Trem_WL_Violet_23_zps8513bb9e.jpg

More pics below!!!

Oh yeah, one more thing (got distracted last post and submitted before finishing thoughts...):

That violet looks nicely "faded" (for lack of a better word) like Armando's Amethyst (which was a 2013 color?) or even the Amethyst found on SEs this year. Or is that just the lighting and it looks a bit darker in person?

Thanks guys! She's a beauty with tone to match! :D

Oh yeah, one more thing (got distracted last post and submitted before finishing thoughts...):

That violet looks nicely "faded" (for lack of a better word) like Armando's Amethyst (which was a 2013 color?) or even the Amethyst found on SEs this year. Or is that just the lighting and it looks a bit darker in person?

She's a hair darker in person under indirect lighting (these were taken on my deck around late-morning/mid-day, so fairly bright/direct light by that time of the day) but these two pics are pretty close to the color in person:

PRS_P24_Trem_WL_Violet_10_zps2abdb780.jpg

PRS_P24_Trem_WL_Violet_46_zps5dc8c99c.jpg

I really dig the finish. It's almost like they stain it with PRS' "Blueberry" finish and then sand it back, then apply Armando's Amethyst (and maybe sand that back slightly?) over top, so it leaves it with that cool almost-faded look. I've seen a lot of variation in the "Violet" stains across the new models that have had it so far, and some where the blue tints underneath are more "splotchy" than "matching" undertones/highlights, so that was part of what really attracted me to this one. There was another P24 Trem with a nice top in the same finish (but no korina neck/ebony board) but the blues weren't as evenly-distributed over the top so I decided to grab this one instead. ;)

Are you sure that's not Pomagranate? :wave: :vroam:

Wait... this is NOT the color I ordered!!! I DEMAND A REFIN!!! :laugh:

Back