Belated NGD - DGT STD - and a pretty cool find!

izzyizborn

I picked up this DGT Standard during Experience '12 weekend. BRILLIANT guitar as many have said. About a month later, I'm poking around the PRS web site, and I navigated over to the DGT Standard page. I thought "damn, THAT guitar looks familiar." I took my standard out of the case and started to compare it against the web site. I'll be damned if they're not the SAME guitar!!
I tried to verify this with Shawn, but he said they don't necessarily track the serial # for photo shoots. I also ran comparison shots past a very reputable and long-standing PRS dealer - he agreed that they looked exactly the same.
I'm pretty convinced, but please let me know what you think!

imag0429d.jpg

main1p.jpg

http://www.prsguitars.com/dgtstandard/

I picked up this DGT Standard during Experience '12 weekend. BRILLIANT guitar as many have said. About a month later, I'm poking around the PRS web site, and I navigated over to the DGT Standard page. I thought "damn, THAT guitar looks familiar." I took my standard out of the case and started to compare it against the web site. I'll be damned if they're not the SAME guitar!!
I tried to verify this with Shawn, but he said they don't necessarily track the serial # for photo shoots. I also ran comparison shots past a very reputable and long-standing PRS dealer - he agreed that they looked exactly the same.
I'm pretty convinced, but please let me know what you think!

imag0429d.jpg

main1p.jpg

http://www.prsguitars.com/dgtstandard/

YA,YA, It be the same,it be !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys! I've got the President's endorsement!
Wedge, I can't own up to the killer playing you heard. Izzy is a web-only moniker. Mike is my name, but I've been called much worse. :)
Thanks for looking in!

Ok, have a question. Lets talk neck..Impressions. Thinking about buying one tomorrow. I know its big, bigger than a wide/fat, but how much bigger. Is it comfy?

Thanks for looking in, Shawn! And thanks guys! I am loving it!
slang05, it really doesn't come across as much beefier than a wide-fat. Maybe a little more depth, but the more notable differences are the narrowness at the nut, and the DGT fret size. I would say those will strike you immediately as departures from a wide-fat on a CU22 or a McCarty. Very comfortable, and easy to get used to. The frets almost beg for 11' s, or at least one gauge up from your normal gauge. Those frets are GREAT for bends.
Good luck in your search!

Thanks izzyizborn, I found one 3 hours from home so it's a road trip tomorrow. I usually play 10's and I'm going to try that first. I have some arthritis on my hands (and I'm a young 41!) and don't think I could wrestle 11's for a whole night. But your excitement has made me very excited! Is there an application to the DGT club or just purchase one?

Ha! I think you're in when you buy one, but getting the Prez' s welcome is a good thing!

Thanks izzyizborn, I found one 3 hours from home so it's a road trip tomorrow. I usually play 10's and I'm going to try that first. I have some arthritis on my hands (and I'm a young 41!) and don't think I could wrestle 11's for a whole night. But your excitement has made me very excited! Is there an application to the DGT club or just purchase one?

You could buy mine in the Yard Sale... ;)

Back