Another incredible thread!!!!

Here's my entry:

i-tmCVGLz-XL.jpg

i-9MfgwdQ-XL.jpg

i-x8P4MCD-XL.jpg

i-DtdJHQk-XL.jpg

i-h2PNdnF-X2.jpg

This thread is insane

Sorry for for the noob question, but what do you call this grain structure? It's not really flame, and not really quilt, kind of 1/2 way between the two, looks great. Like ripples on the ocean next to a beach in The Bahamas. What I mean is, what would I ask for if I wanted something like this? Quilt has more "islands" in it, but standard flame and 10 top flame is too "stripey"......

It's just a really nice piece of tubular quilt. Excellent book match and it's not too easy to find pieces where the quilt is super wide like that. Great piece of wood!

Ron:

Thanks for that explanation! I have been wondering that for years, why these beautiful tops on 10-Top, Artist Top, Wood Library Run and Private Stock Guitars aren't book-matched better. BrianC and I have discussed at length in my journey of owning 50+ PRSi over the past 4 years.

Maybe that's why I have developed such a serious affection for Private Stocks with one-piece quilt tops!! ;)

IMG_1742.jpeg

IMG_3374.jpeg

Wood%2520Libary%2520Oct-23-2012%252011.jpg

:D

All kidding aside, thanks a ton for that explanation!

-Pete

Getting a bit dizzy, must have these tops.....

I have always loved that Hollowbody Jamie! Just incredible! Some really amazing photos here guys. Would love to see some more.

I only have a before right now :D. Should be any day now for the after. Upcoming PS-7 string.

2ypetxk.jpg

2dn9k8.jpg

2lln5ts.jpg

What...this old thing? :D

PS 4715, SC Ted / Paul's Guitar hybrid finished in Zombie Stage 3 (first of its kind)...wood totally picked out by Brian G. @ BriansGuitars:

Top was graded as "collection grade"
PS4715Top.jpg

Finished product in all its glory:
DSC_4700.jpg

PS 4715, SC Ted / Paul's Guitar hybrid finished in Zombie Stage 3 (first of its kind)...wood totally picked out by Brian G. @ BriansGuitars:

I'm not a quilt guy, but this one is really stunning. I also fully endorse your pickup selection!

Before:

After:

This Thread is like PSF everyday, awesome to see so many previous NGDS
that we followed through many years and drooled over... to drool over again
keep'em coming brothers :cheers:

PS4715Top.jpg

Finished product in all its glory:
DSC_4700.jpg

Okay, okay, okay,... now please... WHERE did those pickup rings and bridge come from? I so NEED! And that quilt is simply beeeautiful.

Okay, okay, okay,... now please... WHERE did those pickup rings and bridge come from? I so NEED!
I'm pretty sure that you can get the black pickup rings for the narrow 408's from any dealer. Black hardware on the other hand is a total Private Stock thing & something that I had to wait a decent amount of time for since they had to place an order for it.

I'm pretty sure that you can get the black pickup rings for the narrow 408's from any dealer. Black hardware on the other hand is a total Private Stock thing & something that I had to wait a decent amount of time for since they had to place an order for it.

That's good. Thanks. I wonder, though, (the thought just hit me) does that bridge have the little brass inserts where the string touches? I saw one on eBay for $200 and it said it was unopened, original, and all that, but it didn't look quite as nice as yours. I may have to give PS a call and ask. :top:

Edit: Oh, wait. Looking closer, does yours have adjustable saddles? Hard to see the detail with these old eyes...

Last edited:
Since I was lucky enough to get one of the P245's that Brian put together during his latest Wood Library run I have another offering for this thread (I love that Brian posts his library trip raw wood selections):

Before:
IMG_0366_zps879a1de2.jpg

After:
DSC_8791.jpg

Back