before and after: wood to guitar

Thanks guys...it's going to feel like a very long wait until this new one is done...I think she'll rival my "Yenita" build from last year. I really can't thank Brian, Paul and Tina enough for helping me put together this new one (and their patience with my endless questions and minor revisions). Hoping she shows up on PSF some time soon...

Here are some from my build in progress. Many of you have probably seen these in other places but I just had to join in on the fun!
photo3_zps5170f806.jpg
photo1_zpsc738f062.jpg
photo_zps10a37a94.jpg
101_zps3a12df9a.jpg
brushstrokejune9_zpsc4f5cac3.jpg

We have a few before and after photos scattered in various threads. I'd like to collect some in one place. I'll start.

Does anybody else miss the wood library era?
CK_BluegrassWoodToGuitar.JPG

Remember when fingerboards were just a boring chunk of wood to stick some frets and an inlay on?
CK_SpaltNeckWoodToGuitar.JPG

I LOVE those Americana birds. The PS I have on order has them speced!

Another incredible thread!!!!

Here's my entry:

i-tmCVGLz-XL.jpg

i-9MfgwdQ-XL.jpg

i-x8P4MCD-XL.jpg

i-DtdJHQk-XL.jpg

i-h2PNdnF-X2.jpg

Sorry for for the noob question, but what do you call this grain structure? It's not really flame, and not really quilt, kind of 1/2 way between the two, looks great. Like ripples on the ocean next to a beach in The Bahamas. What I mean is, what would I ask for if I wanted something like this? Quilt has more "islands" in it, but standard flame and 10 top flame is too "stripey"......

Here's my baby...."before"

DURING....

And After!!!!

And a sneak peak of my next one (have to wait a few months for the "afters")

another example of a "quilt flame".... Love this structure....works well with any color.

Back