Been bummed out by PRS lately

markd21

As the title says, I've been bummed by PRS lately.

Why, you may ask??

Well...it stems from Experience 2020 and the Modern Eagle V LTD. I rushed to get one, and succeeded. I was under the impression that they weren't going to be easily available after the EXP 2020 were sold.

I'm bummed because if I had known they would be available outside of PS, I would have waited. I knew the guitar was for me before I got it, so I sold multiple other PRS' - including my pink sparkle DW CE24 LTD and a few others that were precious to me. I grabbed a black one since it was all I could find. I hate black guitars, lol.

Now I see all these amazing WL ME-Vs in colors I would much prefer. I mean, whatever - it is what it is. But, if I had known, I would have skipped the Experience model and held out for a WL. The price difference between the two is negligible.

Thanks for letting me belly ache....

I still love my ME-V.

I wish!! I chose 22 acres (essentially a private mountain, paid for) in E Tennessee. To calm my life and better by health, I went fron a stressful career to a job as HR for a grocery store, lol.

I'm happy beyond belief. One ME-V is enough.
Where be you in east TN? I'm in Knoxville.

I rushed to get one.
"Has Mark got a legitimate complaint here, Socrates?"

"Well, Diabetes, Plato always said that a person who rushes improvidently is motivated by impetuosity, or more specifically, passion, which can cause a lapse in reason. That being the case, what he's complaining about here is his own passion causing his own lapse in reason.. So it's on him, not on PRS. By the way, how's your wife, Syphilis doing?"

"Oh, she's at a bachelorette party for one of her friends on Lesbos; thanks for asking, I'll pass along your regards. And Socrates, how's your son Testicles?"

"It's a long story, Testicles, his ship, and all the ship's seamen were captured by the Romans at the Battle of Scrotum. We've got a lawyer named Corpus Juris in Rome negotiating his ransom."

"I wish you well. Your son is a good guy."

"You're a good guy to put up with Syph's sister, Diarrhea. I mean, she talks...once she gets going, she never stops! I just have to finally leave the room! Have you seen anything of our old friend, Neuron?"

"Last I heard he was in Hippocampus with Hypothalamus. I'll let you know if I hear from him. Thanks again!"

Last edited:

"Well, Diabetes, Plato always said that a person who rushes improvidently is motivated by impetuosity, or more specifically, passion, which can cause a lapse in reason. That being the case, what he's complaining about here is his own passion causing his own lapse in reason.. So it's on him, not on PRS. By the way, how's your wife, Syphilis doing?"

"Oh, she's at a bachelorette party for one of her friends on Lesbos; thanks for asking, I'll pass along your regards. And Socrates, how's your son Testicles?"

"It's a long story, Testicles, his ship, and all the ship's seamen were captured by the Romans at the Battle of Scrotum. We've got a lawyer named Corpus Juris in Rome negotiating his ransom."

"You're a good guy to put up with Syph's sister, Diarrhea. I mean, she talks...once she gets going, she never stops! I just have to finally leave the room! Have you seen anything of our old friend, Neuron?"

"Last I heard he was in Hippocampus with Hypothalamus. I'll let you know if I hear from him. Thanks again!"
Well done, Les! :p

Could be worse…

You coulda not gotten one thinkin’ that they’d release a non-PS version without the gold leaf. And then you could have been all “Ehhh… Private Stocks don’t hold their value all that well, I bet I can get that (last) one in that Atlanta shop for $7k once someone buys it and moves it”.

And then you wait, and then one of the 12 of them that took forever to sell because apparently you’re one of the only dudes who wants a 24 fret 594 SC with a trem never pops up.

And you go and you stand on your own, and you leave on your own, and you go home and you cry and you want to die.

I’m totally not talking about me, just this guy I heard about.

That sucks but it’s kind of expected if there’s demand there. Example- the 408. Existed because of a limited PS run. If people are screaming for something and PRS can make money…business is business. It’s a risk you run when you pony up on PS “limited run” or wait and hope it’s popular enough to get WL or core production.

As the title says, I've been bummed by PRS lately.

Why, you may ask??

Well...it stems from Experience 2020 and the Modern Eagle V LTD. I rushed to get one, and succeeded. I was under the impression that they weren't going to be easily available after the EXP 2020 were sold.

I'm bummed because if I had known they would be available outside of PS, I would have waited. I knew the guitar was for me before I got it, so I sold multiple other PRS' - including my pink sparkle DW CE24 LTD and a few others that were precious to me. I grabbed a black one since it was all I could find. I hate black guitars, lol.

Now I see all these amazing WL ME-Vs in colors I would much prefer. I mean, whatever - it is what it is. But, if I had known, I would have skipped the Experience model and held out for a WL. The price difference between the two is negligible.

Thanks for letting me belly ache....

I still love my ME-V.

The solution is simple, trade the one you have for the one you want. Or, buy the one you want and sell the other. Or, sell the one you have and buy the one you want. Life is too short to covet something so obtainable while regretting a decision you made correctly in the past. Think of it as life is offering you the option to fulfill your dream today, while you enjoyed the one you have for the past two years. I say go for it!

From the Fables of Episiotomy I assume!

The solution is simple, trade the one you have for the one you want. Or, buy the one you want and sell the other. Or, sell the one you have and buy the one you want. Life is too short to covet something so obtainable while regretting a decision you made correctly in the past. Think of it as life is offering you the option to fulfill your dream today, while you enjoyed the one you have for the past two years. I say go for it!

Oh, don't get me wrong. The guitar I have is killer and it feels wonderful to me. I use it daily. I'm just commenting on being a little butt hurt that all these other ME-Vs are out there in awesome colors and wood combos. Not really hating on my guitar, just noticing....

I agree, life is too short to covet. Mine has the scars to show it's loved, lol.

Back