Been a long time coming - First Post NGD (Artist Package) + 1 VERY Late NGD

hubbdub

Hey everyone! I've been following this forum for a very long time and I'm excited to post my first (and second) NGD. Just an introduction, but I've been playing for almost 2.5 years now and I like to play almost everything! Most recently I've been on the jazz, soul, blues tip, but I'm always trying to learn everything at one time.

Anyway, back in February, I decided to go the artist package route and decided to order the 408 Trem. James at Willcutt Guitars took very good care of me on this one, and everything came out spectacular. Just got it home today, but here are the Specs:

408 Trem
Violet Quilt Maple Top
Pattern Thin
Rosewood Neck with Ebony Fingerboard
Hybrid Hardware

This guitar plays like a dream. The RW Neck gives it a great warmth and the Ebony board really snaps things up for me. The pickups are amazing, and sound like butter going through my Deluxe Reverb. Can't beat that clean sound.

I have plenty of crappy cell phone pics but here are the pictures they sent me from the store before shipping:

I was able to take some pictures when it got home:

Part 2 of NGD is coming up! :p

Ok part 2:

My first PRS was actually a P22 trem (Standard Pattern Neck) I got back last year. I was really digging the blue finishes that PRS was making (Favored the Makena Blue over the Blue Crab) and I wanted to bring more color to my current assortment of guitars. I lucked up and got a 1 piece flame maple top that's not too flamey, but still looks gorgeous! The 57/08's are astounding pickups and the piezo suits my needs for that acoustic sound. It's good to have all that wrapped up in one guitar, and with the 408, I should have all fronts covered!

Nevertheless, here are pics of the P22 and my guitar collection!

Last edited:
Ok part 2:

My first PRS was actually a P22 trem (Standard Pattern Neck) I got back last year. I was really digging the blue finishes that PRS was making (Favored the Makena Blue over the Blue Crab) and I wanted to bring more color to my current assortment of guitars. I lucked up and got a 1 piece flame maple top that's not too flamey, but still looks gorgeous! The 57/08's are astounding pickups and the piezo suits my needs for that acoustic sound. It's good to have all that wrapped up in one guitar, and with the 408, I should have all fronts covered!

Nevertheless, here are pics of the P22 and my guitar collection!

Happy NGD! (Maybe it's just me, but the pictures aren't loading.)

The P22 and 408 sound like a phenomenal pairing.

Ouch. 5 month wait for an Artist Package. I only ordered mine back in May. I suppose I have much longer to wait than I thought! Can't wait to see the pictures!

Yeah I ordered it back in Feb, and it was supposed to be finished sometime in May. There was a delay of some sort that caused the ETA to be in July. I'll post pics as soon as I get home to create a photobucket account.

Gorgeous! Congrats!

Someday I'll have an IRW neck w/an ebony board...

Thanks ladies and gents for the compliments! They're all definitely keepers! This RW neck feels absolutely amazing

Back