Beautiful guitars

My Vela semi hollow body has the Tobacco Burst finish. For a guitar that doesn't have what I would call an "exquisite" finish I seem to get a good number of compliments on it's looks and sound.

To me, my Vela is like a woman who doesn't need any make up because it would take away from her natural beauty.

I love these threads. I am inspired to recount that my lovely wife prefers quite dark skinned men, and I tend to prefer brown skin, hair and eyes. My lovely wife is a blue eyed blond, and we are both so fair as to be almost transparent. Our daughter is transparent. She swallowed a dime when she was a toddler. Rather than x-rays, we just held her up to a bright light...

How the two of us ended up together is proof that our Lord has an excellent sense of humor.

OK, back to nekid wood.

I'm (un)Fortunately at that age where if I saw a lovely young super model holding a stunning Private Stock , I'd be looking at the guitar ...
but then my grandson is closer to their age so .. guitars are safer , cheaper and in the long run an overall more pleasurable experience

I was watching a clip on Frampton and he made a remark that resonates with me.

He said that when he is looking at guitars he is after tone AND inspiration. That really describes how I feel about instruments as well.
Absolutely.

When I'm trying out electric guitars I play it unplugged and listen to how it rings when I play chords, how it holds a note, how it vibrates against my body. I wait a while to plug it in.

And I if start writing a new song while trying it out that's a very good sign.

It blows me away when some guys say they've never checked out the acoustic tone of a solid body guitar or that it's only the pickups that matter...not the wood or how the wood resonates.

When guys talk like that online I just assume they can't really play.

I love these threads. I am inspired to recount that my lovely wife prefers quite dark skinned men, and I tend to prefer brown skin, hair and eyes. My lovely wife is a blue eyed blond, and we are both so fair as to be almost transparent. Our daughter is transparent. She swallowed a dime when she was a toddler. Rather than x-rays, we just held her up to a bright light...

How the two of us ended up together is proof that our Lord has an excellent sense of humor.

OK, back to nekid wood.
That’s how it works. Our “preferences” of “favorites” have nothing to do with who we fall in love with.

That’s how it works. Our “preferences” of “favorites” have nothing to do with who we fall in love with.
Funny that, oh so true! We both share a wickedly playful sense of humor. My dear mom once looked at both of us said my God, you two deserve each other! Ok, I’ll lay off the wife stories for a while.

Exactly! Which is why some men prefer blondes. Some prefer brunettes. Some prefer redheads.

But all prefer Julie Bowen.

Driving home from work yesterday, I passed a sign for a location shoot for a TV show that's being filmed locally. Maura Tierney is one of the stars. I have no idea if they were actually shooting. I have no idea if she was there. But I haven't stopped thinking about her since then. Because we were coordinating to drop a car off at the garage, I called my wife and told her about the sign. She said, "Did you see Maura Tierney? Did you sweep her off her feet?" I said, "I am talking to you, so..."

I didn't get it until I got my first PRS, but I fell in love with it immediately. The neck is perfect for me and it plays so effortlessly. I was instantly inspired and still am to this day when I play either of my SE Custom 24s. I hope someday to be able to get a higher end model, but since I'm a lefty I'm at the mercy of whomever decides what guitars get a lefty version or being able to afford a small run Wood Library or Private Stock.

Back