Beautiful guitars

gush

Where is that speedo pic
I have a friend I used to be in a band with and he was always critical of my prs guitars. He always thought I was paying too much for guitars and also thought I could buy something a little less expensive and achieve the same results.

Maybe........maybe not.

It never bothered me because as you all know I just can't be offended! Lol

I was watching a clip on Frampton and he made a remark that resonates with me.

He said that when he is looking at guitars he is after tone AND inspiration. That really describes how I feel about instruments as well.

Kind of like walking into a restaurant. If I go in with my brother it's about eating and BSing, if I go in with my good looking wife it's a completely different experience.

Makes sense to me.

While the battle worn beaters appeal to some , I love pretty wood and it's hard to beat PRS for that . The most important reason though to play a PRS to me comes from something Carlos told Paul " with your guitars there are no excuses in your playing"

I'd still play them if they were plain mahogany or korina

Oh, those are the best PRS.
my white painted with no birds NF3 is off the charts great! One of my friends used to mock PRS with all the things we hear at TGP... "Furnature, style over substance, fancy wood but bland tone," etc. About 2 years ago we were playing together and I took my NF3. After his gushing and drooling I dared him to say the words "that is the greatest guitar I've ever played." I told him that after all the crap I'd taken from him over the years, I wanted to video it on my phone.

He wouldn't do it. But we both knew. ;)

Edit: And now he can't wait to see and play one when I bring my "pretty" ones around him. :p

my white painted with no birds NF3 is off the charts great! One of my friends used to mock PRS with all the things we hear at TGP... "Furnature, style over substance, fancy wood but bland tone," etc. About 2 years ago we were playing together and I took my NF3. After his gushing and drooling I dared him to say the words "that is the greatest guitar I've ever played." I told him that after all the crap I'd taken from him over the years, I wanted to video it on my phone.

He wouldn't do it. But we both knew. ;)

Edit: And now he can't wait to see and play one when I bring my "pretty" ones around him. :p
Well.. I mean, TGP isn’t always wrong.

A CU24 into a Marshall is pretty boring.

I have found that most people that give you crap for having a pretty guitar are usually jealous and possibly would love to have one but they can't afford it. It is easier to hate something than work hard and figure out how to obtain it.

I've been a lifelong wood worker and luthier for 40 years. I LOVE pretty wood , and it was that and my love for music that fot me started building , which coincided with a VERY inspirational chap a year my junior starting a company that was dedicated to that dream. Paul has been an unkowing mentor from that point on .

I have found that most people that give you crap for having a pretty guitar are usually jealous and possibly would love to have one but they can't afford it. It is easier to hate something than work hard and figure out how to obtain it.

I see this all of the time in the many subjects I have interests in whether it's guitars, bikes or automobiles.. it's an example of cognitive dissonance.

Aesop nailed in with his fox and the grapes fable.

I see this all of the time in the many subjects I have interests in whether it's guitars, bikes or automobiles.. it's an example of cognitive dissonance.

Aesop nailed in with his fox and the grapes fable.

It’s basic human behaviour. We’re drawn to what we’re drawn to.

Back