BB Preamp, Suhr Buffer, DG30 & Thanks To Aristotle!

OK, so for a day I was going to sell my HXDA and get more studio junk. Then I decided...no.

So much for that concept.

I do, however, have the DG30 sounding amazing, and I love it with the Suhr Buffer and the Xotic BB preamp. Love it. Hearts and flowers.

You might flip/flop more than I do about selling a piece of gear. <3

OK, so for a day I was going to sell my HXDA and get more studio junk.
Don't you dare, little mister. I have half a mind to dredge up and quote all 1643 "I love my HXDA" posts from the last few months. Have you ever considered your HXDA's feelings??!! They'd be crushed to hear you talk like that. Now go play something nice through them and tell hem how beautiful they are.

:biggrin:

Don't you dare, little mister. I have half a mind to dredge up and quote all 1643 "I love my HXDA" posts from the last few months. Have you ever considered your HXDA's feelings??!! They'd be crushed to hear you talk like that. Now go play something nice through them and tell hem how beautiful they are.

:biggrin:

Hahaha!

I do talk to my guitars and amps...

But in the past month I sold BOTH of my wonderful electric guitars that I posted many times about, to get The Hammer Of The Gods, and I may yet sell an amp for other reasons (in discussing my plan with the guitars I sold, both understood why I needed to do what I did ;)).

Both amps are equally good, so we'll see how it goes. Things get kind of fluid around here sometimes.

The reason I considered selling HXDA was because I can get another one, and I don't have a cab for it right now. Whereas I have not only the cab for the DG30 that came with NOS tubes, but I also invested in a full set of spare NOS tubes (including power tubes) that cost me a pretty penny! So as much as I'd take a hit on the HXDA, I'd take a worse one on the DG.

It'd be kind of nuts to sell that one. Plus it's very versatile, like the HXDA.

Whereas the HXDA is replaceable and there is solid consistency with the PRS amps. We'll see. A new studio biz opportunity is still being being explored.

Last edited:
Tell the truth, you're thinkin' about getting a harpsichord, right?

I would actually love a harpsichord - in fact, one of my best composer buddies has one in his studio - but I'd prefer one of these, and I'm very serious! I took lessons as a kid on one of these (1958-64) and I can still play and name all the buttons:

So, did you land your new studio work so you can go spend some $$$? Please say it's going to be a Keytar. :rock:

Back