Battle of the Gorgons

Huggy Love

Vintage member
Being cooped up in the house is making me crazy, I feel like a snarling :mad: beast in a cage, it's even coming out in my music. ........ :confused:

So...

OK all you Fusion, Prog Rock, Sci-Fi fans, prepare yourselves for a spine tingling, bone jarring, teeth rattling, ride on a musical monstrosity of epic proportions, and quite possibly one of the strangest songs you'll hear in a while.

Behold the madness that is the Battle of the Gorgons.

https://soundcloud.com/tonybsongwriting/battle-of-the-gorgons

y9pwzzv.jpg

Being cooped up in the house is making me crazy, I feel like a snarling :mad: beast in a cage, it's even coming out in my music. ........ :confused:

So...

OK all you Fusion, Prog Rock, Sci-Fi fans, prepare yourselves for a spine tingling, bone jarring, teeth rattling, ride on a musical monstrosity of epic proportions, and quite possibly one of the strangest songs you'll hear in a while.

Behold the madness that is the Battle of the Gorgons.

Okay, now THAT is how you announce a song!

Great job!! That was a very fun listen. It can be difficult to keep an instrumental moving forward for a full 4 minutes, but you have so many different tones I was always curious what was going to happen next.

What's your recording setup? What do you use for drums?

Okay, now THAT is how you announce a song!

Great job!! That was a very fun listen. It can be difficult to keep an instrumental moving forward for a full 4 minutes, but you have so many different tones I was always curious what was going to happen next.

What's your recording setup? What do you use for drums?

THX so much!!!

Setup:
2 PRS HBs
Logic Pro X
Fishman TriplePlay controller
Mesa Mark V
An old POD 2.0

Between the midi tones in Logic, my Mark V, and the POD, I can cover a lot of ground. The beats are usually half Logic loops and ad-libs I trigger with the Tripleplay, but some tunes I program all the drums if the song requires a very specific tailored approach to produce the drum performance I envision for the song.

TBH, getting a lot of varied tones is pretty easy on these instruments, keeping it fresh and interesting on the fretboard... ... that's the real challenge.

THX so much!!!

Setup:
2 PRS HBs
Logic Pro X
Fishman TriplePlay controller
Mesa Mark V
An old POD 2.0

Between the midi tones in Logic, my Mark V, and the POD, I can cover a lot of ground. The beats are usually half Logic loops and ad-libs I trigger with the Tripleplay, but some tunes I program all the drums if the song requires a very specific tailored approach to produce the drum performance I envision for the song.

TBH, getting a lot of varied tones is pretty easy on these instruments, keeping it fresh and interesting on the fretboard... ... that's the real challenge.
I have a TriplePLay strat (the TriplePlay is built-in to the guitar), but I rarely use it. I'm curious how you use your setup. Mine doesn't track very well despite all of my adjustment attempts.

Back