Basement Room Project

gush

She said "huge bag of dibs".
Sadly, long gone. But replaced by a 2009 WL

ezZYXrw.jpg

vw6ktc4.jpg

Ai0qh28.jpg

uxiGoUS.jpg

Sorry, OP, didn't mean to derail. Working up a room of your own is fun stuff!
Holy chit son……………….I must say no more……..

LSchefman

Historical Entity
So, as promised, this is my basement studio. It’s a single room, 33x14 with a four foot deep nook in back. The workstation is in the front, the recording area with amps in the back. There’s also a storage room for odds and ends, mic stands, etc.

Workstation:

w5yBVuG.jpg

Recording area:

321xkd1.jpg

LSchefman

Historical Entity
Wowza, that's impressive!

I call it Studio Craptastic.

The best thing about it is the acoustic treatment by RealTraps. While acoustic foam has its place to control high frequency reflections, it doesn't do anything for bass frequencies, so mixes won't be accurate without good bass traps. These are limp mass membrane traps, and they work. But I needed a lot of them to control bass buildup in the room.

They also act as diffusers, to the degree I need diffusers. If I recorded drums here, I'd get quadratic diffusers, but they're not necessary for the work I do.

The room sounds good; the sound of the room is super-important in my work. I also stuffed the ceiling with additional insulation to deaden the sound that comes through.

However, the room isn't soundproof. That would require construction of a 'room within a room' and isn't necessary here, since no one complains about noise.

The second best thing? The rug. I like the rug, and just put it in over the holiday season. I had a different rug before, this one's bigger. Yes, I'm a Pottery Barn addict! I need a 12-step program.

Hence, craptastic! :p

Brad737

This space for rent...
Les, there’s nothing Craptastic about that! Is that Boogie on the right a Lone Star, or a LSS? What’s the Boogie on the far left?
Thanks,
Brad

I call it Studio Craptastic.

The best thing about it is the acoustic treatment by RealTraps. While acoustic foam has its place to control high frequency reflections, it doesn't do anything for bass frequencies, so mixes won't be accurate without good bass traps. These are limp mass membrane traps, and they work. But I needed a lot of them to control bass buildup in the room.

They also act as diffusers, to the degree I need diffusers. If I recorded drums here, I'd get quadratic diffusers, but they're not necessary for the work I do.

The room sounds good; the sound of the room is super-important in my work. I also stuffed the ceiling with additional insulation to deaden the sound that comes through.

However, the room isn't soundproof. That would require construction of a 'room within a room' and isn't necessary here, since no one complains about noise.

The second best thing? The rug. I like the rug, and just put it in over the holiday season. I had a different rug before, this one's bigger. Yes, I'm a Pottery Barn addict! I need a 12-step program.

Hence, craptastic! :p

gush

She said "huge bag of dibs".
So, as promised, this is my basement studio. It’s a single room, 33x14 with a four foot deep nook in back. The workstation is in the front, the recording area with amps in the back. There’s also a storage room for odds and ends, mic stands, etc.

Workstation:

w5yBVuG.jpg

Recording area:

321xkd1.jpg
Impressive

Daryl Jones

non-practicing pacifist
Woof, talk about "pales in comparison"! I'll likely never develop anything like what you guys show.
Yeah, there's a head/cab likely in my future, time will tell (and my wallet haha). Size and weight are definitely factors for me going forward. Still much prefer just summer days/evenings out on the deck or out by the firepit with a small amp and the e-acoustic. That's what tipped me toward the Hollowbody versus another solid. If I really want loud, I can stay inside and not get too many complaints from the neighbors.

LSchefman

Historical Entity
Les, there’s nothing Craptastic about that! Is that Boogie on the right a Lone Star, or a LSS? What’s the Boogie on the far left?
Thanks,
Brad

The Boogie on the right is a Lone Star 100 W. The one on the left is the Fillmore 50 W. I special-ordered them covered in real leather, because WTF, why not?

Anyway, that's why they're difficult to identify.