Bare Knuckle Pickup Advice for my 2015 SC245

Woody

Hi all,

I got an 2015 SC245 guitar about 1 month ago and have tried to bond with the 58/15 pickups in it but find that they just aren't for me. The guitar is awesome in every respect - quality, feel, playability, resonance, but it is just lacking that low end girth and low-mid fatness that I really want for the 70's to 90's classic rock and hard rock tone that I want from this guitar. Also, this bridge pickup, while very clear and articulate, has a shrillness to the highs that I don't really like.

I have read that some people have had some great success swapping out the pickups for Bare Knuckles hand wound pickups and I would like some advice from you that have done this in this type of guitar. I am leaning towards the Black Dogs or Abraxas sets. My goal is to fatten up the tone more into the LP territory, along with sweet highs and the ability to coil split also. I would like a versatile rock guitar, one that can cover reasonably well from Zep to Rush to ZZ to GNR. I use an Axe FX III so I can get really diverse amps and setups to cover the amp territory.

Thanks!

How about a set of sd pearly gates..... this should get you into the LP territory you desire.

Thanks Eddie. Pearly Gates are on my short list of pickup options, along withe the Bare Knuckles and Godwoods. I know the Pearly Gates are revered in LPs,

Put a set of Suhr Doug Aldrich on your list. Awesome pick up for what you are after, and won't break the bank.

email BK, they are great and will have the best advice, and great guitar

Back