Bare Knuckle Mules?? Please advise!

Chris34

Hi all, has anyone out there had any experience with Bare knuckle Mules? Dropped them into their SE? Or more specifically modded their 245 SE with said pickups? Please advise or give an opinion as i'm torn between using Dimarzio 36th anny PAF's or these relatively new Bare Knuckle Mules. All the reviews for these pup's sound great but would like to get some info from someone who has used them.

If I recall correctly, forum member mikegarveyblues has the Mules in a Bernie Marsden. I am pretty sure that he has posted some videos of himself playing it, and he/the guitar sound great! Maybe do a search here, or on YouTube.

Last edited:
I have Mules in a Les Paul and they have a nice trebly bite. I think they would rock in an SE245.

Excellent pups!

I did change the bridge for a Suhr Doug Aldrich but only because I'm fond of a high output bridge 'bucker. Same with my Strat; vintage singles in neck and mid but a higher output bridge pup.

Still have the neck Mule in my Marsden and it sounds incredible.

I did this vid when both Mules where in:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes , treble bite in the bridge, very articulate, good note separation is another way of describing it. Its not a bad thing, it might be exactly what a SE245 needs.... However, I like a little higher output in the bridge myself. So if I did it all over again, I would stay with the Mule in the Neck, and try something with slightly more output in the bridge like the a Black Dog, or Abraxas.

Or just put 59/09s in there.

I'm just about to throw a set of war pigs in my cu24

Thanks for all your advice guys!! Sorry i didn't reply sooner, but i've been really busy at work. The other thing i wanted to know was, are these pickups the best choice for classic rock/hard rock, 60's, 70's 80's type music??

Thanks for all your advice guys!! Sorry i didn't reply sooner, but i've been really busy at work. The other thing i wanted to know was, are these pickups the best choice for classic rock/hard rock, 60's, 70's 80's type music??

Absolutely!

Back