Bands you wished had different singers

Andy Summers is a GREAT guitarist. Note that he never sang on a solo album again after his first album (XYZ, pictured above). That's 12 more solo albums and 8 collaborative albums with other artists. so I'd say he agrees he's not a vocalist. He is, however, an outstanding jazz and rock guitar.

Reactions: jxe
i was a huge fan in the 80s, way past when everyone else was listening to roots rock and metallica, and have forced girlfriends and family members to listen to xyz more than once — i like the singing, the production, and that a guitarist cared so little about vocals he said ‘whatever, i’ll do my own’ and did it.

also sting’s stratocaster playing sucks.

Andy Summers is a GREAT guitarist. Note that he never sang on a solo album again after his first album (XYZ, pictured above). That's 12 more solo albums and 8 collaborative albums with other artists. so I'd say he agrees he's not a vocalist. He is, however, an outstanding jazz and rock guitar.

...and I wish Layne Staley was still the vocalist for Alice in Chains...

the answer to all things started with 'best vocalist in rock' is always Hagar.

There's Sammy, and then everyone else.

(Freddie Mercury the exception).

Fight me. LOL

VOCALIST? :rolleyes:

I like DLR, too........... but Vocalist?

Oh, maybe you meant Gary Cherone. :p

Vocalist, dying cat...fine line.
Cherone's a decent singer, just a bad fit. Though I don't think VH3 is near as bad as people give it hell over.
Bad engineering though.

Agree about Gary. He does fit Extreme and is a good showman. I’m a HUGE Extreme fan. Nuno rules supreme.

Great band. I saw VH with Gary. He can hit the notes, but he was forced into doing a bad Sammy impersonation,. Even had cut and dyed his hair. Meh.
Way better with Extreme. Nuno's a monster.

Back