Bands you wished had different singers

Neil stripped back to the bare bones of a drum kit!

Overrated! I don’t think so. But my opinion is just one of many here.
Thanks for posting that. Technical drummers impressive me far more than technical guitar players.

I should add that I'd rather hear complex, off time beats or crazy time sigs over solo type stuff.

I always thought John Bush would fit in Dream Theater. The songs are wwaaayyy too bori.....<ahem>.....meandering, though.:p

I agree many are (for listening), but live I’m amazed those guys can play for two hours straight through and keep together so tight.

Last edited:
Off on a bit of a tangent, another average drummer and don’t get me started on the singer!

Im about 100% sure its been said because... of course. Axl rose in GnR.

I'd like Robert Plant and Freddy Mercury to be front men in all the bands.

I went to the Farewell Tour just to see Alice Cooper! It must have been tough getting your ass kicked by a 66 year old every night. He's still kicking ass on stage every night, and just turned 70.

Yes he is - just saw him twice this weekend. And saw his band do a pre-show party, and a Nita Strauss clinic. His band kicks ass - the pre-show party showed how much fun they have playing. Chuck Garrick came out into the crowd while someone else played bass for a couple tunes, and I said, “Thanks for doing this again. This is a blast!” He was grinning ear-to-ear and said, “Isn’t is just great?”

Yes he is - just saw him twice this weekend. And saw his band do a pre-show party, and a Nita Strauss clinic. His band kicks ass - the pre-show party showed how much fun they have playing. Chuck Garrick came out into the crowd while someone else played bass for a couple tunes, and I said, “Thanks for doing this again. This is a blast!” He was grinning ear-to-ear and said, “Isn’t is just great?”

That's cool! Sounds like you had a great weekend!

OK I'm gonna say it. I think Led Zeppelin would be a better band if Robert Plant wasn't the singer.
Umm, that's a negative ghost rider. I'm pretty sure Jimmy Page already tried that, they were known as the Firm. And when that went nowhere, he found a singer that sounded like Plant and did Coverdale/Page...which also went nowhere. Besides, if Zep didn't have Plant, more than likely they wouldn't have had Bonham either, then we're talking a band that isn't Led Zeppelin.

Back