Bandmates

That is one of the biggest struggles with a band. Finding like minded ppl. I crossed this barrier before and it’s tough.

I can hardly wait to busk. No arguments, no loose cannons to deal with, play what I want to play. Especially on the beach. That’s a bonus right there.
You are a candidate for a solo recording setup. Get a bass, learn to program drums (or get some good drum loops), and you're a one-woman band doing whatever you want!

Oh sure, it's a very deep rabbit hole...but you can handle it! ;)

Rarely to never. I usually start projects with vocalists. We record the songs then hire people to play them. Been doing that since the mid 90s. It is surprising how many talented musicians aren't in bands and are down to make a little side money doing a few shows.

What’s really pissing me off atm is the way I let the singer treat me as a human being. What a POS. Telling me how I should think or not. I have never had a problem being in a band until I met this Diva with an attitude. Ya the band is done but no one will ever treat me like a second class citizen! I shut my mouth and tried to look the other way but to no avail as not to ruffle feathers. WTF! I should of stood my ground. Lesson learned!

Last edited:
What’s really pissing me off atm is the way I let the singer treat me as a human being. What a POS. Telling me how I should think or not. I have never had a problem being in a band until I met this Diva with an attitude. Ya the band is done but no one will ever treat me like a second class citizen! I shut my mouth and tried to look the other way but to no avail as not to ruffle feathers. WTF! I should of stood my ground. Lesson learned!
They obviously aren't worth the energy...don't let them live rent free in your head

So another on bites the dust! After two rehearsals the other guitar player wants to put things on hold so he can pursue his “new” vocal passions.

I want to say I am done with bands and the BS but if I know me I will be looking to put something else together. I honestly need to play with others. Not all the time but I know I need to.

I do love Black Sabbath but not enough to want to continuously play and learn. I need something with excitement. I realized that after I signed up but I would of played with these guys just to play.

I did regale some of the fiascos that I have experienced being in bands. The other guitar player said he didn’t want the drama of being in a band but why did it have to come to this for him to realize this.

Back to beach busking for the summer!

So another on bites the dust! After two rehearsals the other guitar player wants to put things on hold so he can pursue his “new” vocal passions.

I want to say I am done with bands and the BS but if I know me I will be looking to put something else together. I honestly need to play with others. Not all the time but I know I need to.

I do love Black Sabbath but not enough to want to continuously play and learn. I need something with excitement. I realized that after I signed up but I would of played with these guys just to play.

I did regale some of the fiascos that I have experienced being in bands. The other guitar player said he didn’t want the drama of being in a band but why did it have to come to this for him to realize this.

Back to beach busking for the summer!
Bummer but obviously not meant to be! Stay strong and busk along!! It will all come together!!!

Back