Bandmates

I respect your opinions. I do find the capital on every word visually jarring, so sometimes skip your comment. No disrespect, it’s just an avoidable stress on my brain some days.

So consider the possibility that the aesthetic style is losing a portion of the audience.

^Yep, this exactly^

Lol!

So during the pandemic me and my buddy played this awful mobile game that had a big social aspect to it (there was lots of chat involved).

I started an alt/troll account as this dude named Chad, and was inspired by old people on social media that type in all Caps.

So for two years we typed every comment, message, and communication in ALL CAPS like insane people, and thousands of other players were so upset with us!

We were the nicest dudes during it all, but people completely hated us. We’d wake up to find our bases on fire daily.

Lol!

So during the pandemic me and my buddy played this awful mobile game that had a big social aspect to it (there was lots of chat involved).

I started an alt/troll account as this dude named Chad, and was inspired by old people on social media that type in all Caps.

So for two years we typed every comment, message, and communication in ALL CAPS like insane people, and thousands of other players were so upset with us!

We were the nicest dudes during it all, but people completely hated us. We’d wake up to find our bases on fire daily.
my lady will shell your camp if she doesn't like your store prices or the messaging around the punchbowl (fallout 76).

Been in a couple groups where members didn't get along- never lasts. Bands are too hard when everything DOES work- can't imagine playing with people I don't like or don't get along with.. My group's been together for 8 years- we all socialize with each other and our wives live each other as well! Big bonus!

my lady will shell your camp if she doesn't like your store prices or the messaging around the punchbowl (fallout 76).
Whoa! She still plays that?

I’m so disappointed in that game and how they handled things I can’t bring myself to go back.

I respect your opinions. I do find the capital on every word visually jarring, so sometimes skip your comment. No disrespect, it’s just an avoidable stress on my brain some days.

So consider the possibility that the aesthetic style is losing a portion of the audience.
I actually stopped to think about what is going on with the capital letter at the beginning of each word and why it is mentally jarring and I came to the following conclusion. I believe what is happening is, with each word our mind thinks it is starting a sentence, and that is what makes it difficult to read. I too find it difficult, but now that I have wrapped my mind around it, I think it will be easier. Thanks for making me think bogner, it is rare these days ;~))

Whoa! She still plays that?

I’m so disappointed in that game and how they handled things I can’t bring myself to go back.
not anymore, didn't play it when it came out but went back later once they added the coop events and daily ops. i didn't notice much fallout drama but there was a lot of red dead drama. there are no good games out now.

not anymore, didn't play it when it came out but went back later once they added the coop events and daily ops. i didn't notice much fallout drama but there was a lot of red dead drama. there are no good games out now.
I was/am such a Fallout fanboi I pre-ordered the most expensive pack for that game so I could play beta.

Such a frustrating experience waking up to all my guns being Nerfed four weeks (and countless hours of play time) after launch. I never did get to set off a nuke.

But yeah, there’s nothing good to play. I quit paying for Gamepass and Live, and buried my Xbox in the basement.

I was/am such a Fallout fanboi I pre-ordered the most expensive pack for that game so I could play beta.

Such a frustrating experience waking up to all my guns being Nerfed four weeks (and countless hours of play time) after launch. I never did get to set off a nuke.

But yeah, there’s nothing good to play. I quit paying for Gamepass and Live, and buried my Xbox in the basement.
i think i prepaid for 11 more months of gamepass and everything in there is old or an incoomplete beta. or frickin fifa.

i think i prepaid for 11 more months of gamepass and everything in there is old or an incoomplete beta. or frickin fifa.
My wife lost the card we used to pay for all that sh!t and cancelled it, so I took that as a sign.

But yeah, it’s dismal. Grounded looked promising, but my regular crew started it while I was busy, so I kinda missed the boat.

My wife lost the card we used to pay for all that sh!t and cancelled it, so I took that as a sign.

But yeah, it’s dismal. Grounded looked promising, but my regular crew started it while I was busy, so I kinda missed the boat.
she played that and almost everything else where you go through doing puzzles and unlocking doors. didn't last too long. oh, the one with the talking fish gun is good -- 'high on life'.

Being in a Rush tribute band really limits the scope of potential musicians to those who are willing and able to do it, so I tend not to have high expectations of becoming close friends with the people I play with. I just want reliable and competent people who keep their egos in check (which is a bit of a challenge with some of the ones who play at that level). I have been lucky to have been with the same bassist/singer for 12 years and we get along great - if he ever quits, I am done because I could never find the 2 people I would need to replace him. We had more issues with drummers - we've been through 4 in that time, and the big issues are either egos, health issues or commitment. One guy ghosted us for 14 months then asked to join back in - no thanks. Getting too old for this :).

Being in a Rush tribute band really limits the scope of potential musicians to those who are willing and able to do it, so I tend not to have high expectations of becoming close friends with the people I play with. I just want reliable and competent people who keep their egos in check (which is a bit of a challenge with some of the ones who play at that level). I have been lucky to have been with the same bassist/singer for 12 years and we get along great - if he ever quits, I am done because I could never find the 2 people I would need to replace him. We had more issues with drummers - we've been through 4 in that time, and the big issues are either egos, health issues or commitment. One guy ghosted us for 14 months then asked to join back in - no thanks. Getting too old for this :).
do you do anything outside of the tribute band? would be interested to hear.

My son is much more of a gamer than I am. I generally stick to sports games (mostly hockey), and a few others. I tend to get a bit obsessed at points w/some games and want to get to the end as soon as possible. I've been playing The Last Of Us the last few weeks. I got it as a bundle w/my PS4 but never started it. And I'm just about at that obsession point.

I've got a backlog of games I picked up at decent prices and have never played because spending a few weeks on a game would interrupt my sports stuff. I got a little too hooked on the HUT stuff in the NHL games, and didn't want to have to switch discs out every day to keep up with it while playing something else. This year, I decided not to get involved w/the HUT stuff, so it's easier to switch off. Maybe I should finally finish the last Metal Gear Solid games I have.

do you do anything outside of the tribute band? would be interested to hear.
I did a lot of classic rock before, and some original stuff both in bands and on my own. I need to work with better musicians (which is not hard for me to find! :) ) to bring out the best in me. I have recorded a lot of original stuff by myself but my lack of production, vocal and drum skills has left the quality somewhat wanting... I have a bandmix profile at https://www.bandmix.ca/paul125141/

I did a lot of classic rock before, and some original stuff both in bands and on my own. I need to work with better musicians (which is not hard for me to find! :) ) to bring out the best in me. I have recorded a lot of original stuff by myself but my lack of production, vocal and drum skills has left the quality somewhat wanting... I have a bandmix profile at https://www.bandmix.ca/paul125141/

I gave one of your tunes a listen. Such a diverse sound. Wow! Great!

I gave one of your tunes a listen. Such a diverse sound. Wow! Great!
Thanks! The recording is not great but it gives an idea of where I want to go. I'd like to get something going with the right collaborators around here to do some rehearsing and gigging. The big challenge is getting people with similar tastes and goals.

Thanks! The recording is not great but it gives an idea of where I want to go. I'd like to get something going with the right collaborators around here to do some rehearsing and gigging. The big challenge is getting people with similar tastes and goals.
That is one of the biggest struggles with a band. Finding like minded ppl. I crossed this barrier before and it’s tough.

I can hardly wait to busk. Especially on the beach. That’s a bonus right there.

Last edited:
Back