Band rehearsal during Covid?

Yes rehearsing a bit and its been such a relief to know we still got it. Glad others are getting it together so we are prepared to rock when called!

Update on our side: we've been getting together once a week in an open garage, playing acoustics, electric bass, and an electronic drum kit. Not nearly as much fun, but at least we are still playing. Can't wait to get back indoors. Today might have been the last garage session until vaccines are received or spring thaws.

Same! What a guy, he could have just given up and who would have blamed him!

Don’t know if this is true, but I believe he had quite a lot to do with electric drum kit development.

If memory serves, I believe he helped develop better/more versatile foot controls and especially different style drum heads. As I recall it, he started having elbow issues, and as he put it, "I've only got the one, so I have to take care of it", so he worked with someone on getting more realistic drum heads on the electronics, which helped lead to the mesh heads that some have today. More forgiving on the joints.

Frankly, what Rick has done is just astounding to me. I think he's overlooked when it comes to technical ability because it's not something a lot of people can relate to, having to rely on your feet to play parts that are normally played by hands. I'm sure others have done it, but the only one I can recall is Neil Peart doing it to play "Scars" live - he used electronic drums and played the kick and snare with his feet and percussion parts with his hands.

Glad to hear folks have been able to continue rehearsing safely! I haven't been so lucky and as such have been buying gear to fill the void :)

I am hoping for a semi normal summer and getting back to it. It is time for a fresh outlook on music anyways!

I don't have a band to practice with, but I haven't been to Sergio's since December, 2019. I was at MA Pete's with BrianC, Yankee Bulldog and Rider1260 back in February. Haven't seen anyone socially since.

I don't have a band to practice with, but I haven't been to Sergio's since December, 2019. I was at MA Pete's with BrianC, Yankee Bulldog and Rider1260 back in February. Haven't seen anyone socially since.

:(

The way I see it folks, is that we will experience (in general, not everywhere) a spike in cases/deaths over the next couple of weeks because of the "stupid people".
Then, over the next 6 months we will see incremental improvements (very small at first).
After that 6 months my guess/hope is that we'll be 60% of the way back to some sense of normality. Maybe better?
Need to get this vaccine rolling faster/better.
We'll be OK folks.
We lost a year +, but we'll be OK, and I'm looking forward to it.:D

Church Worship Team just got shut down. One of the leaders tested positive. 2 weeks off for me (from church). Hopefully I don't get it too. I was a good boy and kept my mask on.

Nice, Steve. My daughter (considered front line because she works for a rehab facility attached to a hospital) got her first shot this week. She was hemming and hawing about whether to get it (she claims she gets sick when she gets a flu shot, but I think it's the minor symptom thing at worst), and my wife said she wanted her to make her own decision, "but I want to scream 'Just get the damn shot!' into the phone".

I'm not in the right group as of yet. I'll fall into the second group here - not because of age, but because I'm diabetic.

Back