Band Meets World

László

Too Many Notes
Those of you who've followed my endless posts about the progress of Partybaby, my son's band, will be once again saying "so what?" but I'm a dad who likes to see his kids happy, and do some dad-bragging, so I'm not stoppin'! ;)

I mean, what are the odds that a band takes off, gets some recognition, gets asked to do shows overseas, tours regularly, gets original music on a TV show, and gets the kind of tour support this band has gotten? I'm doubly happy because they have worked their behinds off, and as a result, things seem to be going their way.

Will they blow up on the radio when the record drops? Gosh, who knows. But how many bands even get the opportunity? As musicians, whether pros, semi-pros or hobbyists, we all know the deck is stacked against bands breaking out these days, and getting even this far.

Partybaby landed in London this morning, and Saturday Night they'll be playing on Brighton's pier in The Great Escape festival; and then back to London where they're doing four shows next week.

Jamie's performed in England with 30 Seconds To Mars, but never with his own band, and they're a really happy bunch to be doing this. I know they are into it big-time. And I not only dig their music, I've gotten to know the entire band, and I think they are awesome people. I'm as proud of them all as I am of my own son.

Also, they announced a cross-country US tour starting late June and July, opening for SWMRS, starting in Portland, Maine and ending in CA. I'll go see them in Columbus or Cincinnati (they don't have a Detroit show scheduled at this point).

Anyway, if you go see them - anywhere - please say hi for me!

Here's tour info just in case anyone is interested at all. https://www.instagram.com/p/BFnIgmDFfHZ/?taken-by=partybabylives

Last edited:
Yea, brag it up! (unless we're talking about if 6 was 9....then I'd rather not know anything :oops:)

Back