Balanced Tension Strings

DHW

Anyone tried these yet? D'addario has a bunch of them out and I was thinking maybe trying them but it would likely require a full setup change so haven't yet...

I've been using the 11-50 set from D'Addario for about a year now. I did need to re-setup the guitar afterwards. I won't say the sound or feel any different. So it's more of personal preference.

I have some from another brand that say they're equal tension...I don't know if they're similar or not, but mine are definitely harder to bend on the some of the higher strings...probably going to switch back to more standard strings soon.

That's the only problem I've noticed though, and if the D'Addarios don't have that issue then I don't think there's any reason not to try them if you want to.

I didn't have to do a full setup to try them either.

I know this doesn't really answer your question, but I like my strings a bit heavier. This feels perfect to me in standard and Drop D. D'Addario EXL110+ and swap out the low E.

I thought about it, but I actually prefer the higher tension on the low strings. I run 9-46 generally, except for a 25" scale Strat I have which feels and sounds just right with 10-52.

I have put on a set that came free with a 3-pack D'Addario set on my tele.. didnt get a chance to play it, they one by one snapped when I was tuning up. Im glad the set was free.

I use the 11-50 Balanced Tension set from D'addario and really like them on my Les Paul in Eb Standard and Drop C#. It takes a little while getting used to the balanced tension but after an hour or two they feel really nice. I find it 'effortless' to transition from string to string and you can do so in a more fluid movement where you're not getting a different resistance to your picking hand as you transition from one string to the next. I definitely recommend giving them a try.

Back