Bad Set-up from the Factory... Anyone else? Advice?

I've just bought a PRS Custom 24 Floyd via Guitar Guitar in the UK online. The guitar came with 10-46's & a really high action. After changing to 009-046 strings & some tremolo adjustment. The guitar still had a slight buzz in places.

I emailed Guitar Guitar & they told me to bring it in for a free set up. They even let me jump the queue as I'd just purchased it.

Now that's the sort of service you should get if your spending PRS type money.

To the OP: glad it all turned out OK.

Now enjoy playing that wonderful guitar ;)

And... if Skitchy did it, it's top notch. Did the same for me at an event a few years ago. He's a great person, to boot.

Personally i dont Think low action and straight neck is a good setup.Its a personal thing so i Think your guitar would suit me fine the way it came set up :).

My new MM had a bad setup. The neck relief was way off (which is contribute to weather and being a guitar center guitar IF...) the action was also super high, I had to lower all but 2 strings almost 2/32 just to get them down to PRS's recommended height, this is where I'm thinking the neck relief was never set, and the string height was adjusted to wherever the neck was set.

Take the opportunity to learn how to set up your guitar. It's a slightly tedious process, but in the end you should really know how your instrument operated anyway, and it'll make you feel good knowing you got your guitar feeling and playing exactly how YOU like it. Besides, once you do that first setup, every guitar you do after will be quick as hell

Back