Bad Influence

Ha....overlooked this before because it was a link as opposed to being embedded! o_O Sounds good.

Thanks KB.

It’s a really poor recording on iPhone, I’m most proud of my 14 year old daughter who is singing. The dodgy dude on trumpet is me!

So the final set list for next Friday -

Eye of the Tiger (Intro) - Survivor

Hammer to Fall - Queen
Valerie - Amy Winehouse
Dreaming of You - The Coral
I Feel Good - James Brown
Higher and Higher - Jackie Wilson
Alright Now - Free
Footloose - Kenny Loggins
Johnny be Goode - Chuck Berry
Saw Her Standing There - Beatles
Proud Mary - Tina Turner
(Dreams - Fleetwood Mac)

Encore -

Bad Influence - Pink

We had a tech rehearsal last night to make sure 25 year old gear still works!

All went well, everything working and we almost sound like a band!

Well, last rehearsal tomorrow night, due to everyone’s work commitments next week. Then the gig on the 28th!

I think we’re all hoping the audience is p!shed by the time we go on, which they should be!:D

Good rehearsal tonight. Ran the set and all went well.

Even had time to take a few photos during “tea break”.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/CQbtvj5hmCaFN1Fq5

Yes we’re mad, but it helps!

Also thanks to Mrs AR for organising the t-shirts with the band logo and everyone’s name. What a wee gem she is!

Looking forward to next Friday :D

Last edited:
I watched a video of Mike Campbell where he said this was the hardest song for him to learn since joining. How you handling it?

It’s also my favourite (really only Mac) song.

Luckily I’m noodling between Fm7 and G and the other guitarist is doing the fancy stuff! But we’ve got a good groove going.

Mrs AR is doing a stellar job on vocals and I’m channeling my inner diva, for the high harmonies:oops:

Haha! That comment was made before we left the practice room and made it outside!

I’d be Joey “The Lips” Fagin!
Oh mate I couldn't help myself.!!!
So you turn up for gigs on a little beat up suzuki, sent by god, once played with Wilson Picket and got an eye for the girls.
Repeat after me. I'm black and I'm proud.!!!;)

Keep it up, AR! Dreams is one of those nuance songs that’s mostly emotional. Deceivingly simple, but a complete wreck if everyone isn’t in the pocket. When you nail that one, you’ll be able to do almost anything as a band. Makes you want to play bass!

Yeah the bass player and guitar player swapped roles, as they preferred to!

I’m really enjoying playing “Bad Influence” - Pink, as I’m emulating the Hammond organ part on guitar, using a fast phaser and chorus.

Last edited:
So the final set list for next Friday -

Eye of the Tiger (Intro) - Survivor

Hammer to Fall - Queen
Valerie - Amy Winehouse
Dreaming of You - The Coral
I Feel Good - James Brown
Higher and Higher - Jackie Wilson
Alright Now - Free
Footloose - Kenny Loggins
Johnny be Goode - Chuck Berry
Saw Her Standing There - Beatles
Proud Mary - Tina Turner
(Dreams - Fleetwood Mac)

Encore -

Bad Influence - Pink

We had a tech rehearsal last night to make sure 25 year old gear still works!

All went well, everything working and we almost sound like a band!

Well, last rehearsal tomorrow night, due to everyone’s work commitments next week. Then the gig on the 28th!

I think we’re all hoping the audience is p!shed by the time we go on, which they should be!:D

My "official/unofficial" band motto for a gig is normally, "The smoker you drink, the player we get." I'm pretty sure that over half the audience doesn't get it. Guess that's what happens when you get old.

Back