Backing tracks

DHW

Is there a ways to play backing tracks through something like an archon? Maybe through the loop with some sort of aux in box or something? Not sure if anything like that even exists.

There isn't a specific product, but it's certainly possible to do it. Thing is, it'd sound pretty bad.

Why not just use some earbuds and an iPhone or similar device? The earbuds won't block much sound from the amp, and you'll have a much better time hearing both amp and backing track.

That's certainly an option. I'll have to try that with my current stuff and see how it works.

I've been known to play my iPhone thru my Boogie combo as a PA, of sorts. I use the graphic EQ to keep from twisting the control knobs and it works pretty ok. I plug into the normal input using an audio cable with a 1/4" adapter.

Right but that would have to go through the clean channel right? If you put it through a gain channel it would distort it which would be bad for backing tracks. What I was thinking was to have a box that would bridge the effects loop together and inject the music player after the preamp so it goes straight to the power amp so it does not get distorted. Not sure if this would even work though.... if you didn't bridge the loop through whatever it is you'd lose the guitar signal. Obviously it would be the last thing in the effects loop chain.

Maybe just a bridge with an aux in and an EQ for the aux in that does not eq the signal coming into it from the preamp...

Get a looper. Play through the clean channel with the looper and a distortion pedal. You can make your own backing tracks or connect your looper to a computer and upload tracks already made.
I use a Digitech Jamman - love it.

If you have a looper you could put it into the effects return so it isn't colored by the preamp tone. This would also allow you to use the Archon's lead channel over whatever backing track you are playing through the looper.

Back