Baby, you're a sitar

Ovibos

Naughty Wood Librarian
Got a used SE with the wraparound bridge, and the B string is sitar'ing at the bridge. It's got the good old forward lean, so I've got some locking studs on order. Will flattening the bridge do the trick, or are there more things I need to do?

Does it occur when fretting, or only on the open 'B' string? If it's only when it's open it may be the nut slot on that string is cut too low.

Jim

Does it occur when fretting, or only on the open 'B' string? If it's only when it's open it may be the nut slot on that string is cut too low.

Jim
Defn when open, but sustain on fretted notes is bad so I think fixing break angle on saddle may help. I think prev owner had the action too low also.

Do yours all automatically get the Mannmade one? Those seem to be out of stock. You musta snagged ‘em all.

No, I’m actually not a fan of those. Beautifully made, almost works of art, but I don’t like the break angle and increased tension.

I bought a couple, and was given a couple Core stoptails, so I have some extra SE ones. Not that I feel the Core’s are always superior, it’s on a case by case basis.

Back