Axe fx fm3

gioforce76

Bartender to the stars
So I’m coming to you guys for help , I got my axe fx fm3 invite today. I already own a helix and that sounds pretty good for the limited amount that I know about it’s. I’ve heard the axe fx stuff is more involved and slightly harder to use but supposedly sounds better. I mean I’ve heard some helix demos that sound pretty good too. What you guys do , I could sell the helix if I like the axe fx and vice versa but 1000 dollars is a lot to spend right now . I’m torn. Maybe there isn’t that much of a difference and it’s just that it says line 6 and not axe fx . The customer service on line 6 is amazing so that’s a plus. I just don’t know.

How long have you been waiting? Do you have the option of being bumped down the list, but not completely to the end? Can you ask them to come back to you in a month?
Do they have a return window?
It looks more appealing to me than the Helix, especially if you can add on the six button controller.

How long have you been waiting? Do you have the option of being bumped down the list, but not completely to the end? Can you ask them to come back to you in a month?
Do they have a return window?
It looks more appealing to me than the Helix, especially if you can add on the six button controller.
I signed on a while ago. Not sure if you have that option of being bumped .

I have a Fractal Audio AX8, which was the floor unit, a "FX III Lite" so to speak. What I like about it is that once one of the eight pedal buttons is used to make the "amp" choice they all automatically become buttons to turn on and off effects and "scenes" (specific settings added together). I use the computer software to load my own amp combinations but can use only one amp chain.

The reason I mention this is I have always found I prefer to have as many choices as possible easily accessible .... If I have to go beyond one menu I'll just preload my choices from the computer. Quick access on the FM3 doesn't appear to me to be as accessible "on the fly" as my AX8, or possibly your Helix. YMMV.

Is there a European distributor for Fractal Audio? I believe there is for Line 6.

Depends on the use case I suppose.
I'm a Kemper guy myself and I like the remote with lots of buttons for a live situation.
I'm pretty sure the FM3 would do it for me tone wise, but not so sure about the format.
How will you use it?

Depends on the use case I suppose.
I'm a Kemper guy myself and I like the remote with lots of buttons for a live situation.
I'm pretty sure the FM3 would do it for me tone wise, but not so sure about the format.
How will you use it?

im have decided against it , my friend who I got in touch with who is a professional sound man said i basically trading digital for digital. His words were basically it’s 2 pro quality modelers doing the same thing different.
Also for me if I didn’t work with the helix that Much what makes me think I’m gonna work with the fm3 .

I I have and original jcm800 combo , Victory rk50 And rk100 and an old Yamaha dg80 that sounds great . I really don’t t need anything else at the moment. I need to save some cash to fix the house up and I always end up liking tubes way more then digital in the long run .

im have decided against it , my friend who I got in touch with who is a professional sound man said i basically trading digital for digital. His words were basically it’s 2 pro quality modelers doing the same thing different.
Also for me if I didn’t work with the helix that Much what makes me think I’m gonna work with the fm3 .

I I have and original jcm800 combo , Victory rk50 And rk100 and an old Yamaha dg80 that sounds great . I really don’t t need anything else at the moment. I need to save some cash to fix the house up and I always end up liking tubes way more then digital in the long run .
Sounds like you are well setup then my friend.:)

They’re selling on the secondary market for more than you’d pay for it. Why not turn a profit on it?

I too received the email that after about 8 months or so my FM3 was ready to be shipped last week but I declined. I LOVE my Fractal AX8. While I'm a Fractal guy, Line6/Helix is great equipment. I think you made the right choice. We all wanna play and practice and you can really spend alot of time figuring out these modelers. I've got my AX8 dialed in perfectly and IMHO Fractal is a hair above the Line6 in quality/sound, but not enough to start over with the learning curve of the FM3. That Helix is killer. Dial er in and let it rip. Have fun.

Yeah, I'm in that group that has tried the competition and found the Fractal Audio Axe FX is at another level for what I do. I have been using various versions of the Axe FX since 2011 for live gigging and it has been bulletproof in all kinds of venues, weather, and power sources. I've been using the Axe FX III since it was released, along with an RJM Mastermind GT/22 controller, and it's hard to imagine a better setup.

I'm also on the FM3 list, but unsure if I'll buy when the invite comes. Not that I doubt its sound, as I had an AX8 and it was killer. I'm just spoiled by the power and options of the flagship unit. :) To the OP, a word of well-intended advice... never let a sound man pick your gear. I respect what they do, but it is worlds apart from what creates an inspiring experience for a musician.

I’m with gioforce. Times are so tough right now, I didn’t wanna profit from someone. Didn’t feel right. Let the next excited player on the list have at it and have fun.
For me, if I got the FM3, I’d have to get their FC6 foot controller making the unit bigger than my AX8 that I throw in my backpack.
It’s perfect. Glad Kemper came out with one but a bummer you can’t edit via computer. AX III is the bomb, Mac daddy.
Just too big for my needs. I need portability and travel as light as possible. AX8 is perfect for my needs, but nuttin wrong with Helix. Enjoy.

Back