Avandra - Stream the Full Second Album via Blood Music's Bandcamp Now!

Now that I think about it, I don't remember entering my address to mail the CD. PayPal has my address. I hope they give it to you.

This gets better and better the more I listen to it! Please keep us in the loop when you release more stuff!

Now that I think about it, I don't remember entering my address to mail the CD. PayPal has my address. I hope they give it to you.

Hakuna matata. Already got it! :)

This gets better and better the more I listen to it! Please keep us in the loop when you release more stuff!

Will do! I plan on releasing a few shorter songs in the coming months, just to give you guys something to listen to while the second album is completed (May 5, 2018).

If you guys haven't already (I know some of you have already done it), you can follow the band on facebook: www.facebook.com/avandrapr

And instagram via avandrapr

Thanks!

Thanks! :)

Also, today is the last day to vote for Threshold on the ProgSphere app, so if you could help me out, that would be great!

https://www.facebook.com/notes/prog...t-song-of-may-june-playlist/1442588252430663/

Once downloaded, just hit on the 3 bars in the upper left corner, hit the album cover that appears (says Jacquie L), and then hit my album cover and done! Takes 5 minutes or even less!

Thanks again, guys!

Hey guys! So, Saturday we debuted live for the first time, and it was definitely a learning experience. It was at a festival with quite a few other bands, so there was a huge time constraint -meaning no time for sound check or anything-, but it was an awesome experience. I almost died from a nervous breakdown, but I soldiered on with the support from the excellent musicianship of the rest of the band members.

I admit, like I said, that I was a nervous wreck. I couldn't hear myself too well (given the "fest" circumstances), so I was just singing outta pure intuition, which, as we all know, is never a good thing, haha (in-ear monitors are next in line). We have a show coming up pretty soon, and I hope to have all the jitters and nerves in check (hence providing a much better show on my part).

Video by Eliud Vazquez! Music starts at :48

Dude, here's to hoping you're ok. I know you're in Puerto Rico, and things are beyond tough.

Just FYI, he has posted on Instagram a few times. Things are tough, but he's okay.

Hey guys,

It's been a WHILE since I last posted. Been a rather busy year for us. Wanted to give you guys some updates on the band (cause now it's officially a band and not a solo project anymore):

1) We were recently signed by Blood Music. They re-issue a lot of albums for some amazing metal acts (Emperor, Ensiferum, Strapping Young Lads, etc) and also have some awesome new bands signed to them, like Astronoid, Kauan and Cloudkicker. We aren't in their roster officially just yet, but when we have a sound bite for the next album, our name will go up on their site, which serves as a segue to the second update...

2) Last Saturday we finished tracking the second album, and Sunday was spent consolidating, rendering stems and organizing everything that was then sent to the mixer. Mixing is Dan Schwartz from a band called Astronoid. If you don't know who they are, please check them out. They are nothing short of great, and have gone on tour with the likes of Periphery, Tesseract, Ghost and in September Zeal and Ardor. Dan also mixed all of his band's EPs and their first full-length called "Air".

3) Even though we finished tracking the second album literally two days ago, we've already started work on an acoustic EP. I have always been in love with the music of Nick Drake and the acoustic aspect of Opeth, and one of my dreams was to make a dark/moody/pensive acoustic album (or EP in this case). I plan on it being around 5 to 7 songs long, and hope to release it shortly after the second album's release, which is TBD.

Once we get the first sound bites for the album, I'll be sure to let you guys know ASAP.

Thanks guys and hope all is well with all of you,

- Chris (Volteau)

Edit: Sorry for the uber late response on the whole hurricane fiasco. It was hell, to say the least, especially cause of the heat and no fans (battery fans are the worst) situation. Spent a month without electricity, then like 3 without internet, but there are still people without power, so definitely can't complain. Thanks for the concern, though!

Last edited:
Hey guys,

It's been a WHILE since I last posted. Been a rather busy year for us. Wanted to give you guys some updates on the band (cause now it's officially a band and not a solo project anymore):

1) We were recently signed by Blood Music. They re-issue a lot of albums for some amazing metal acts (Emperor, Ensiferum, Strapping Young Lads, etc) and also have some awesome new bands signed to them, like Astronoid, Kauan and Cloudkicker. We aren't in their roster officially just yet, but when we have a sound bite for the next album, our name will go up on their site, which serves as a segue to the second update...

2) Last Saturday we finished tracking the second album, and Sunday was spent consolidating, rendering stems and organizing everything that was then sent to the mixer. Mixing is Dan Schwartz from a band called Astronoid. If you don't know who they are, please check them out. They are nothing short of great, and have gone on tour with the likes of Periphery, Tesseract, Ghost and in September Zeal and Ardor. Dan also mixed all of his band's EPs and their first full-length called "Air".

3) Even though we finished tracking the second album literally two days ago, we've already started work on an acoustic EP. I have always been in love with the music of Nick Drake and the acoustic aspect of Opeth, and one of my dreams was to make a dark/moody/pensive acoustic album (or EP in this case). I plan on it being around 5 to 7 songs long, and hope to release it shortly after the second album's release, which is TBD.

Once we get the first sound bites for the album, I'll be sure to let you guys know ASAP.

Thanks guys and hope all is well with all of you,

- Chris (Volteau)

Edit: Sorry for the uber late response on the whole hurricane fiasco. It was hell, to say the least, especially cause of the heat and no fans (battery fans are the worst) situation. Spent a month without electricity, then like 3 without internet, but there are still people without power, so definitely can't complain. Thanks for the concern, though!

Great to hear from you! Glad to hear that your gaining some traction. Still love the first album. You can put me down for the second, and the EP!

Back