Avandra - Stream the Full Second Album via Blood Music's Bandcamp Now!

Dude, this is good stuff! Only got through the first three songs this morning. But they're great!

Got copy #5 yesterday, have given it 1 1/2 listens so far... the ride to work isn't quite long enough to get through the whole album. I like it!! And if Bodia gets a backstage pass, I want one too!!:D

A backstage pass w/#5? If #2 only gets me to the march table, #5 gets you to the table where they're signing people up for the venue's mailing list. Maybe the concession stand that sells off-brand drinks.

BTW guys, if you wanna give me feedback on the album, that would be great. Did it meet your expectations? Any constructive criticism you guys can offer?

Thanks!

Received #8. It's rocked the car stereo and earbuds a few times now. Great stuff! I think your voice suits it well too! Grab a copy folks!

Congrats!

I meant to post about this earlier, but got sidetracked.

I'm really digging this. Overall, it gives me a Steven Wilson vibe, and that's a good thing.

Woot! Congrats.

Dude, this album gets better and better with every listen. I was lazy, so I got the download instead of ripping the CD, and it was taking forever, so I looked -- instrumental bonus! Nice. Not that I don't love your vocals, but most of your songs (all but one actually) sound like songs even without the vocals.

I hear a little bit of Am Universum/Tuonela -period Amorphis in your songwriting. And/or Blue Oyster Cult.

Last edited:
Haven't heard Amorphis, so will do now! Always love hearing new stuff. And BOC wow. Haven't gotten that one before, but I did have my phase, and I still do like them a lot!

Also, First review of Tymora is out!

"In a scene where there are numerous clones and rehashes, this album is a breath of fresh air."

http://www.prog-sphere.com/compilations/avandra-tymora-album-review/

Last edited:
Haven't heard Amorphis, so will do now! Always love hearing new stuff. And BOC wow. Haven't gotten that one before, but I did have my phase, and I still do like them a lot!
Yeah, sorry, I don't know why I draw comparisons -- you really have your own unique sound, that's just what I always do. I shouldn't though.

If you do check Amorphis out, only check out the two albums I mentioned -- their early stuff is all growled vocals, although otherwise really good progressive metal, and the one that followed them -- Far from the Sun -- was almost rapped, so I didn't like it anywhere near as much. They got better with Skyforger and so on, but I kind of lost track of them after that, so can't speak definitively to any of the releases after Far from the Sun. I should though, now that I've gotten over the difference in lead singer.

Back