Avandra - Stream the Full Second Album via Blood Music's Bandcamp Now!

Volteau

the Bard
Hey guys,

So, after a few years working on my album, it is finally ready to be released, and so released it is! Went through quite a few hiccups in the recording of it, to the point where this last version is actually the third iteration of it. I scrapped four songs from this definitive version, which I will release at some point as “b-sides.”

Bandcamp:

https://avandra.bandcamp.com/album/tymora

Last edited:
Dude! Sweet!

I will need to know when the CD is available. I'm only about halfway through Threshold Of Evolution and I'm sold. Nice stuff!

Thanks man! Awesome that you liked it :) And yes! I will definitely be letting ya know when it's out, as the mixed versions sound pretty insane!

Good stuff!! Be sure to post when more is available! Finally getting a listen at work this morning...tried to listen during that music show last night but was reprimanded for being too noisy.:eek:

This is great! Definitely looking forward to the release.

Proggy, crunchy, no screaming. Love me some Periphery, but sometimes we need a break from screamed vocals.

I saw on Threshold you referenced Porcupine Tree and ISIS (both great) - I'd put this in the vein of Frost*, Skyharbor, TesseracT, Chimp Spanner. Basically, my normal playlist...

This is great! Definitely looking forward to the release.

Proggy, crunchy, no screaming. Love me some Periphery, but sometimes we need a break from screamed vocals.

I saw on Threshold you referenced Porcupine Tree and ISIS (both great) - I'd put this in the vein of Frost*, Skyharbor, TesseracT, Chimp Spanner. Basically, my normal playlist...

If you haven't, check out Bad Salad, Astra, Theocracy......

Thanks for all the great comments :) I love Frost* and all the other guys in the list. Keshav, who is the founder and guitarist of Skyharbor, is actually the dude who is mixing the album. Known him for a few years now so decided to have him do it.

And yeah man, I'm not a fan of yelling when it comes to my own music. I don't mind listening to it (Opeth is in my holy trinity, for example), but as far as my music, nah. I like me some harmonies.

Those songs are great! I'm looking forward to hearing more! You're a very talented guy!

Will give a listen in the morning. Or maybe on my way home tonight.

Nice playing! Will be interested to hear final mixes mastered.

Quick update: Keshav Dhar had to step down do to time constraints. Stepping up is Bob St. John. He has worked with the likes of Extreme, Dokken, Collective Souls, Duran Duran, so yeah.... dude knows what he is doing! Expect an early-April release!

Will have packages including t-shirts, the stems of Threshold to mix however you see fit, and a physical CD copy of the album available by then!

Edit: The album has entered into the Mastering phase, as well.

Quick update: Keshav Dhar had to step down do to time constraints. Stepping up is Bob St. John. He has worked with the likes of Extreme, Dokken, Collective Souls, Duran Duran, so yeah.... dude knows what he is doing! Expect an early-April release!

Will have packages including t-shirts, the stems of Threshold to mix however you see fit, and a physical CD copy of the album available by then!

Wow. Heavy hitter!

Just curious because I like music production technical details -- is Bob St. John mastering, or mastering/engineering/producing? Either way, very cool, good stuff...definitely getting those stems...if for no other reason because I love hardcore closeups of guitar-work. I once was at soundcheck for Leaves' Eyes -- and don't get me wrong, they sound great mixed, but I was drooling over how good the guitars and bass sounded when they were working on those.

Back