Australian-exclusive run of Reclaimed Limited CU22s

shinksma

What? I get a title?
Over the weekend someone on a PRS-related FB page posted a listing for a "Reclaimed Limited CU22", somewhere in Australia. Which caused a whole lot of head-scratching on my part.

So I just did a Google search, and lo-and-behold:

http://mixdownmag.com.au/exclusive-shipment-prs-reclaimed-limiteds-lands-australia

PRS_1.jpg

A very limited run of 15 Custom 22s, released back in September (2018).

So...anyone get their hands on one?

(I did search to see if I somehow missed a thread on this, but came up empty. My apologies if this is old news.)

I hadn't heard, and I think they are very cool, but that is not the important revelation here. To me it shows how PRS is going to handle future reclaimed wood releases. Build limited runs with the amount of reclaimed wood you have available, so that you don't get a massive backorder for more than you can handle.

a Reclaimed S2 Custom 22? Is the list price difference so great for the Aussie dollar that they just didn't make a few more CE24's?

Or is it that "Limited" means limited in that fashion?

Brewery?! Too cool. I'd better start saving up for a trip to the grand opening!

Sure thing! You take home the proto with you too :p

Awesome!

Just make sure you brew ales - Australia has enough watery lagers!

There'll be a lager in the line up but it'll mostly be hoppy ales. We've already got an imperial stout sitting in bourbon barrels too ;)

Tell us more about the brewery!

Well, there's actually 2 planned haha! First one I'll play a small role in, developing beers and getting some experience brewing on a big system, that'll happen before the end of the year. The long-term plan (5 years?) is to get some land and build a destination brewery, we'll grow a heap of things on the property, adjuncts for the beer (e.g. fruited sours) and food for us and to serve. Pretty excited about the latter!

a Reclaimed S2 Custom 22? Is the list price difference so great for the Aussie dollar that they just didn't make a few more CE24's?

Or is it that "Limited" means limited in that fashion?
Australian importers sit around talking about local prices.
Importer 1: how much should we sell it for?
Importer 2: well it sells for $1000 in the us.
Importer 1: perfect, double that, $2000 is a nice round number.

Alas, half of my prs guitars have not been purchased in Australia.

An example, Silver sky is ~$3800 locally (one store is $4099)

Australian importers sit around talking about local prices.
Importer 1: how much should we sell it for?
Importer 2: well it sells for $1000 in the us.
Importer 1: perfect, double that, $2000 is a nice round number.

Alas, half of my prs guitars have not been purchased in Australia.

An example, Silver sky is ~$3800 locally (one store is $4099)
My sympathy .... honestly.

Well, take a $1000 USD guitar, apply the 0.72(ish) exchange rate = $1388 AUD. Add on a coupla hundred for shipping so let's call it $1600. Add on 10% GST and 5% Duty and you're up to $1840.

Add on the fact that they come with a lifetime guarantee (and the potential cost of sending it back and forth to the US) and suddenly $2k AUD is justifiable.

Was great when $1 AUD bought $1.08 USD tho...

There'll be a lager in the line up but it'll mostly be hoppy ales. We've already got an imperial stout sitting in bourbon barrels too ;)

Well, there's actually 2 planned haha! First one I'll play a small role in, developing beers and getting some experience brewing on a big system, that'll happen before the end of the year. The long-term plan (5 years?) is to get some land and build a destination brewery, we'll grow a heap of things on the property, adjuncts for the beer (e.g. fruited sours) and food for us and to serve. Pretty excited about the latter!

Where will this little slice of heaven be located?

If/when I make it back to Oz, I will make sure I pay a visit, if logistics allow! As Shawn asked, where is this going to be located?

Back