At last DGT 594 is here....

Lol i expected more love for this, not just a shorter scale length but a thicker body too. Given how much grunt you get from a DGT im interested to hear how much more the LP esque body thickness could give. Mr Grissom seems excited at least i doubt hes moved easily, but seems to acknowlege the benefits of marginal gains....

I`m depressed............very, very depressed.......Aside from scouting banks to rob to pay for this, this is a dream guitar for me. I fear the planets have aligned to create a new vision of our future world that I cannot aspire to. I was so despondent that I jumped out a window in a fit of the deepest despair.......... Luckily, it was a basement window.

I`m depressed............very, very depressed.......Aside from scouting banks to rob to pay for this, this is a dream guitar for me. I fear the planets have aligned to create a new vision of our future world that I cannot aspire to. I was so despondent that I jumped out a window in a fit of the deepest despair.......... Luckily, it was a basement window.
Unless you live near the Southern California beach for the last few days (really hot!!!!!), please do not despair. As much as I like this model, for less than 50% of the suggested price in this thread, you can get yourself a beautiful MC 594 which you will not regret. The core models are great!

This is so close to my dream guitar. Add a piezo and its perfect. I hope more dealers are also doing this build. But either way, that guitar rocks!

Unless you live near the Southern California beach for the last few days (really hot!!!!!), please do not despair. As much as I like this model, for less than 50% of the suggested price in this thread, you can get yourself a beautiful MC 594 which you will not regret. The core models are great!
Every video I`ve heard of the 594 further convinces me that the tone would be a welcome addition to my arsenal. What separates this one is the tremolo. I trem up, and I trem down. Even my sacred 07 Mira is not getting much love because it doesn`t have a tremolo. Yes, I also seem to have a bad case of tremolitis, that is probably incurable. While the prescription for many musical ailments is more cowbell, this particular one can only be cured by the microtones of a whammy bar, especially when I play the blues. You`re hearing the confessions of a desperate man who may not come back from the sordid path he has chosen. Abandon hope all ye who enter and hear!

While the prescription for many musical ailments is more cowbell, this particular one can only be cured by the microtones of a whammy bar, especially when I play the blues. You`re hearing the confessions of a desperate man who may not come back from the sordid path he has chosen. Abandon hope all ye who enter and hear!

There is hope for you. Simply sell all your other guitars and buy the one in the link.

You'll have your dream guitar, and you won't be sorry.

You can buy the models that you sold over the next few years, and that might be fun, too. I have a trem-equipped 594 scale length guitar, the 20th Private Stock Anniversary Ltd (that's a mouthful!), and it's a truly fantastic instrument. So I can vouch for how well a trem works with a 594 neck.

Of course, mine has Paul's Guitar pickups and a middle Narrowfield, so it's different than the one referred to in the OP. But we're talking feel here, and coolness factor, and I can tell ya, it's very, very nice.

Problem is, I`m 11 deep in PRS, and need another one like Carter needs one more liver pill. Even worse, I can only think of a reason to sell my SE one. The rest are keepers.

Last edited:
Problem is, I`m 11 deep in PRS, and need another one like Carter needs one more liver pill. Even worse, I can only think of a reason to seek my SE one. The rest are keepers.
If you like the sound of an LP, you will love this guitar. If you like southern rock, turn the volume down to about 7 and put just a bit of gain into the equation and you will think you are in the early to mid 70's again, without the 100 watt Marshall amps!

OK, if you really need tremolo, then I would go with a CU22 (or a P22) and have them replace the pickups with the 58-15 LT's. My guess is you will come close to the 594.

All the best

Back