Astonishing Trem!

Gyakuto

Being a Vai/Van Halen aficionado, I use the bar a lot in my playing and LOVE the Floyd Rose trem because of it’s complete, guaranteed tuning stability. It’s never let me down. So it was with some trepidation that I decided to try out the tremolo system on my new CUSTOM 24 because I wanted to delay any disappointment, and was expecting it to go out of tune. It hasn’t! It’s bang in tune after a few tentative dips and pull ups and then I dive bombed the trem (whilst demonically flicking my tongue around, of course) and lo and behold....still in tune. I can’t believe it....I’m so happy:) It’s also easily as smooth as a Floyd Rose with an equally positive response.

My fingertips are so sore I won’t be able to play for the rest of today....scale practice only for me... but with a warm feeling in my heart....:D

Is it OK to say I love Paul Reed Smith?

Allen wrenches are for IKEA furniture now.
Ha ha ha!

I might’ve told a small lie in a previous post (due to a poor memory) about the Custom 24 being my first PRS. I do actually have a custom 22 SE (or something) in whale blue that I gave to my brother a few years ago and forgot all about. It just never stayed in tune which is why I gave it to him to learn upon. This is why I had trepidation in trying the trem of my custom 24.

The "cheap" ones on the S2 models work well too.

My first trem equipped PRS was an S2 CU22 SH.
I liked the guitar and was planning to block the
"tremolo" so the guitar would stay in tune.

Nope.

I now have three S2s with VIBRATO arms on them.
I am not gentle with the arms in any way.
The guitars stay in tune very well.
It was a very pleasant surprise.

Thus they’re crafted by true artisans. I wonder if my Korean £500 SE just doesn’t have the best manufacturing/hardware.

It just never stayed in tune which is why I gave it to him to learn upon.
I’ve always tried to get something in people’s hands that would minimize their frustration in trying to learn guitar. I don’t want them to get frustrated and give up because they are fighting the gear too hard: action too high, terrible tuning stability...

I keep a couple of old guitars just to use as loaners for people wanting to learn. If they never come back, that’s fine with me.

I’ve always tried to get something in people’s hands that would minimize their frustration in trying to learn guitar. I don’t want them to get frustrated and give up because they are fighting the gear too hard: action too high, terrible tuning stability...

I keep a couple of old guitars just to use as loaners for people wanting to learn. If they never come back, that’s fine with me.
My SE is a fine guitar as long as the trem isn’t touched, but I agree...along those years struggling with guitars with egg-slicer actions and rubbish pick ups. If I had my time again I’d buy an Anniversary Custom 24 from the very start! :D:confused::rolleyes:

Many of my mates have guitars that simply don’t stay in tune...cheap, old, poor designs and they seem to live with it. I wonder if I’m being a princess hoping/expecting my guitar stay in tune during normal playing! Anyway the point is, it’s bloody spot on...I love it!

Back