Artist V content. I’m sorry I could not resist.

Tonart

Tone of the Art......or is that backwards?
I was doing a bit of TLC on this guitar and its beauty suddenly struck me. The tone too but who cares. I just had to take a few pics and share it with the good folks here. It’s unbelievable. A few takeaways:

1) It’s arguably as beautiful as a private stock guitar.

2) The Ebony on the fingerboard is of the same poreless high quality as Collection Series guitars. Amazing.

3) Friggin purfling on a non PS guitar!

4) When it comes together right, there are few stains better than black gold.

5) Damn, I sure am good with a lens. The artistic style here is “Landing on planet candy”. Cos who doesn’t want to be an intergalactic astronaut and explore strange new worlds. 😁

LFdHEMl.jpg

Mzr3qsB.jpeg

I5R9QaS.jpeg

9NchmRN.jpeg

loNDdQQ.jpeg

1gPLtk8.jpeg

Last edited:
Agreed 100% on all your points! I feel proud and honored to have one--they are not only one of the smoothest/sexiest neck-fretboards that I have ever seen... but also quite possibly one of the best-sounding PRS that I've played.

Agreed 100% on all your points! I feel proud and honored to have one--they are not only one of the smoothest/sexiest neck-fretboards that I have ever seen... but also quite possibly one of the best-sounding PRS that I've played.
Mine was wonderful sounding and I used it on quite a few national ads.

I was a dummy to sell it, but it helped fund a private stock, so at least there's that.

Hmmmm. Well, OK, I was a dummy to sell it, no excuses. 😂

Mine was wonderful sounding and I used it on quite a few national ads.

I was a dummy to sell it, but it helped fund a private stock, so at least there's that.

Hmmmm. Well, OK, I was a dummy to sell it, no excuses. 😂
I remember an interview where Paul mentioned that they found a big batch of dark and dense Peruvian Mahogany timber. Perhaps that’s what they used on the 57/08, 53/10 and Artist V models.

I remember an interview where Paul mentioned that they found a big batch of dark and dense Peruvian Mahogany timber. Perhaps that’s what they used on the 57/08, 53/10 and Artist V models.
The Artist V definitely had Peruvian mahogany necks, it was in the spec.

One reason I think my 30th PS CU24 sounds so incredible is that its spec also includes a Peruvian Mahogany neck. It rings and sustains beautifully, just as the Artist V did. It has a Madagascar RW fretboard instead of ebony, but it does similar things. You can hear it acoustically.

The Cadillac Elmiraj ad that I've posted here at least ten billion times was done with the Artist V, and I think the recording has some of the best tones I've ever gotten out of an electric guitar. It was perfect for what I had in mind. I'd post it again, but I think folks would just roll their eyes.

You can hear it acoustically.
I’ve come to the conclusion the acoustic and electric tones of an electric guitar are like identical twins, IF the pickup is doing its job the way it was meant to. One twin may have a facial mole and the other doesn’t, but the same signature characteristics are there.

Therefore, couldn’t be more supportive of your statement!

I was doing a bit of TLC on this guitar and its beauty suddenly struck me. The tone too but who cares. I just had to take a few pics and share it with the good folks here. It’s unbelievable. A few takeaways:

1) It’s arguably as beautiful as a private stock guitar.

2) The Ebony on the fingerboard is of the same poreless high quality as Collection Series guitars. Amazing.

3) Friggin purfling on a non PS guitar!

4) When it comes together right, there are few stains better than black gold.

5) Damn, I sure am good with a lens. The artistic style here is “Landing on planet candy”. Cos who doesn’t want to be an intergalactic astronaut and explore strange new worlds. 😁

LFdHEMl.jpg

Mzr3qsB.jpeg

I5R9QaS.jpeg

9NchmRN.jpeg

loNDdQQ.jpeg

1gPLtk8.jpeg
Nice

And I am more and more curious about the peruvian hog. My 57/08 CU24 must have one as well, but it I cannot compare it to other guitars, since the rest are hard tails. What doea the peruvian better/different than the regular hog?

Back