Artist pack upgraded version.

frederico

Hi, I have been looking at an advert for a used 2007 Singlecut Artist pack for sale and around the 20th Anniversary of PRS Guitars the Artist pack was upgraded to a Brazilian rosewood fingerboard with the same on the headstock facia.
It also says that this will never again be seen outside the USA on a new PRS Guitar and so this makes the guitar a somewhat rarity .Does any one here on the forum have this Artist pack upgrade which is supported by a letter B on the modcat code. It would be interesting to gain some info about this upgrade if at all possible.

I have a 2006 SCAP with the 20th Anni birds. It does have the "B" in the MODCAT in the location of the fretboard wood type.
P1010012-1.jpg

P1010007.jpg

Not all Artist Packs had Braz boards so you do need to check the MODCAT. This 2006 AP is IRW with "I" in the MODCAT.
8c440705-c90e-4c16-ac01-5d9c88cd2650_zps54c14eea.jpg

20140708_121834_zpsea36c120.jpg

Thank you AP515.The reason for the question is that my 2003 H B 1 Artist pack appears to have the same spec and I wondered if it was an upgrade.My guitar has a PRS V forum truss rod cover in a very nice material with an eagle inlay. I am not a collector or am I thinking about re selling my guitar ,its a keeper .Just trying to educate myself .I also have a 15 year old Fender HRD but as I don't gig anymore it stays in the cupboard ,its quite heavy to drag out at times so I bought a used Line 6 - 15 watt modelling amp thats the size of an attache case.I will change the speaker but it sounds ok ,no comparison to a tube amp but it would be cool to gig with in a small bar here in Faro.I also have an 80s Yamaha A E 1200s ,a 52 reissue Telecaster with Chris Kinman pickups and a Nashville Telecaster with Joe Barden pickups.

Last edited:
Thank you AP515.The reason for the question is that my 2003 H B 1 Artist pack appears to have the same spec and I wondered if it was an upgrade.My guitar has a PRS V forum truss rod cover in a very nice material with an eagle inlay. I am not a collector or am I thinking about re selling my guitar ,its a keeper .Just trying to educate myself .

If you are talking about the truss rod cover specifically, it is not a part of the Artist package. Your HB Artist package came with the headstock overlay, the signature inlay, paua birds, gold hardware, and better then a 10 top. That's the package.

Back