Artist Line

Robert Carr

Why can't I take my guitar everywhere??
Is the artist line made in the private stock area? Or is it on the core line with upgrades?

Thx. I thought artist was basically an 11 top or just a given that's it's at least a ten and then whatever else is in the build sheet.

Thx. I thought artist was basically an 11 top or just a given that's it's at least a ten and then whatever else is in the build sheet.

It's an 11 Top, with upgraded inlays, choice fingerboard woods, neck options, pickup options, color options, hardware plating options and a nicer case included, etc.

Given the price of the individual upgrades, it's kind of a bargain.

I agree that it's almost a bargain picking an core model with artist pack.
Here's my CU22.

11-top with gold hardware and i got a wraparound instead of the tremolo.

Headstock with veneer, gold tuners with woody buttons.

Current Artist Pack guitars could get fairly close to someone's PS built.
I remember seeing an Artist Pack special run Cu24 with swamp ash body, faded finish maple neck and ebony board. Totally different from your usual Cu24

AP is really great. Nevertheless I would like to have more options or better said the same options available for all models.

Stoptail for example, Paul still seems to love them, but have you noticed they have become rather extinct on core models?
You want a Cu22 with stoptail? You can order an Cu22 AP.
Same with the Cu24? No, with the Cu24 Private Stock would be the only possibility!
I would order a Cu24 AP Stoptail any minute, but going the Private Stock route just for a stop tail?!
Money put aside, it would just feel wrong to bore the wonderful guys at PS with such a trivial task.

For my AP513 I got to pick basically everything but I only got to specify if it's a flame or a quilt top and the dealer assured me that it would a 10% better than a 10 top and I wasn't disappointed but you get what you get you don't have a say in choosing wide or pinstriped flames or reverse chevron for example.

Back