Artist Guitars- PTC

I saw Junior Marvin and One Love tonight at the Hamilton in DC. He played the guitar in the video (408 MT?) pretty much all night, also played an Angelus to open the show. Dan Sachs was playing what looked like a Modern Eagle or something with McCarty electronics that looked to me, like faded jade glow; that was a great looking guitar even from a distance.

Absolutely stunning show and Junior made mention of being back in a couple of months.

Awesome Junior Marvin photos and video. My wife and I went to Jamaica on our honeymoon in 1978, when there was still a fair amount of political unrest, but things were cool for tourists. I was already a fan of Marley and the Wailers, Peter Tosh, etc., but it was a lot of fun to poke around in the local record stores. Not that Burning Spear was any big secret, but for me they were new, and two of the albums I brought home with me were "Marcus Garvey", and the companion dub version, "Garvey's Ghost" (same songs, but done in dub-style).

One of the things that stands out in my mind is that every morning I'd have a goat-cheese omelet, with some fresh fruit, washed down with a couple cups of awesome Blue Mountain coffee. Maybe the best coffee in the world.... And while everyone knows about 151-proof Jamaican rum, they also were selling this even stronger rum labeled simply as "Overproof", which was somewhere in the 180-190 proof range (in other words, almost pure alcohol, suitable for removing paint, cleaning brake parts, etc.) It was ridiculously bad by itself, but worked well with some fruit juices from the local grocery store.

Great music, and some great memories.

Thanks, Shawn for some awesome posts!

I have my JA15 in the PTC for a set up and she just happens to be hanging next to Carlos Santana's #1.

IMG_3109_zpse564c6d6.jpg

I'd have gone in totally the opposite direction...Mini in the bridge, Soapy in the neck.

Thats killer! Bryan is an awesome dude also.

Here's a little something we're doing for Bryan Ewald. This started life as a natural McCarty Soapbar Standard. We taped off a faux binding and add a gold top and tobacco back and neck. With the Soapy in the treble position and the minibucker in the neck, it looks pretty damn classy.

ewald_zps5d33b5fd.jpg

Back