Artist Guitars- PTC

ewald_zps5d33b5fd.jpg

Hey! Someone's been breaking into my dreams. :bawling:

Kevin Walker stopped by so the PTC could give his bass some TLC. Here he is giving it a test drive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kevin is SUCHHHHHHHHHH a nice guy. Paul had him up at the mini Experience and Rudy's in NYC and he was a blast to hang out with. So down to earth and talented.

Wow, I just watched the video. I dont even comprehend what he's doing - I didn't know you could slide a harmonic like that! haha

Wow, I just watched the video. I dont even comprehend what he's doing - I didn't know you could slide a harmonic like that! haha

He does it at the beginning a little - there's a great slide at around 0:55.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a little something we're doing for Bryan Ewald. This started life as a natural McCarty Soapbar Standard. We taped off a faux binding and add a gold top and tobacco back and neck. With the Soapy in the treble position and the minibucker in the neck, it looks pretty damn classy.

ewald_zps5d33b5fd.jpg
Any modding required for that mini hum pickup mounting?

Any modding required for that mini hum pickup mounting?
Shawn? I'm assuming so since a LP Deluxe uses mounting plates under the pup. The mounting screw spacing is wider than a P-90 and the vintage minis have permanently mounted fine thread screws.

I can't believe you made me listen to 55 seconds of this song.

On the contrary, I told you where the part was so you wouldn't have to. But if it'll make you feel any better, I contacted my pusher in Texas and am looking forward to a 4-string :)

Richard Williams from Kansas sent his guitar to the PTC for some TLC.

He's been rocking this Custom since 1986.
richardwilliams-kansas005_zps72e30526.jpg

Headstock shows typical wear and tear of a touring guitar
richardwilliams-kansas007_zpsc8296b2c.jpg

The plating has worn from the saddles
richardwilliams-kansas001_zpsce408151.jpg

Richard's guitar has seen many different pickups, but he just went with a set of old school zebra 59/09's
richardwilliams-kansas004_zpsfe0581b0.jpg

Voici
richardwilliams-kansas006_zpsd5d76f83.jpg

Back