Artist Guitars- PTC

The lovely and talented Rhonda Smith (Jeff Beck, Prince) stopped by to check out a couple of basses. If you're not familiar with Rhonda's work, check her out, she's an amazing player!

RHONDASMITH12-20-12002_zpsd65cb3c4.jpg

Xandao, guitar player for O Rappa, in the studio. He has an arsenal of PRS guitars, so he picks the right tool for the job.
xandaostudio_zps255c9df1.jpg

xandaostudio2_zpsbfc6f38c.jpg

xandaostudio3_zpsfabf19cc.jpg

arsenal_zpsd0845ac3.jpg

Last edited:
That Trem Routing is Factory. The Guitar is from 1991-1992. The Model of the Guitar was called a "Special". The Special was basically a Mahogany Body Standard with the Trem Routed for more range. The Guitar was marketed as the PRS "Metal" guitar as in Heavy Metal. It has HFS in read and Vintage Bass in neck. The Special's are kind of rare guitar, not only because they are from 22 Years ago, but because they only made them for a period of time. I have the old catalog from back then and when it said Metal Guitar, I had to buy that model.

Welcome Steve! Was a surprise to see your guitar pop up in this thread. Still rocking the latest record man. TITD!!!

Killer bursting job on that! I'm a huge fan of the "contour bursts" as opposed to the larger ones you typically see on singlecuts.

Neal Schon, Snoop Dogg and the Most Interesting Man in the World stopped by the PTC to check out Neal's new guitar

NS_zps7c456417.jpg

"Hey Snoop,

I don't always play semi-hollows, but when I do, I prefer them to have a Floyd."

Wow. I'm impressed with your talents. I tried repairing an Epiphone hollow body about 10 years ago and now all it does is hang on my wall.

Saw her in concert with Beck and Clapton at the MSG a few years ago....jaw dropping.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;50471 said:
Chrome? CHROME????

[Digs around for guitar to send back to PTC]

Lights? LIGHTS????

[Digs around to find old x-mas tree lights for the STC]

That chrome guitar is too sweet. Can PTC do that?

Dude your "Hangover" shirt rules! HAHAHA

Again with the zippers. :dontknow: Is no finish sacred? That's a stunning guitar.

"Maybe I should take my jacket off before posing for this picture with the new guitar?"

"Dude, you're at the PTC. We have your back. Don't worry about scratching it."

Back