Artist case

Freetz

Those of you with the artist case (for HB or anything else) - the paisley ones - what are your thoughts on them? They appear to be a custom TKL case. My cheap TKL cases have terrible hinges and closures.

Anyone ditch the paisley and go for something better?

Those of you with the artist case (for HB or anything else) - the paisley ones - what are your thoughts on them? They appear to be a custom TKL case. My cheap TKL cases have terrible hinges and closures.

Anyone ditch the paisley and go for something better?

Better? The AP cases are top notch. Nothing cheap about them, or any PRS case, really. Built solid, and weigh a ton.

Here are a couple of pics of the AP case for my (old) 594.

tz93iD1.jpg

5BBTcQm.jpg

Last edited:
If what you are looking for is an assessment of the quality of the cases, I'll give you the one thing I didn't like about one of my cases. My 2006 Artist Cu24 case had a strap of leather on the handle that tucks into the ends and covers the metal interior of the handle. One side of that leather came unglued and stuck out of one end of the handle. Bugged me so much I replaced the case when a used Artist case came up on CL. The only other thing is that after 20+ years of use, the gold on my 95 case hardware is starting to show the plating underneath. That's honest wear in my book and is a badge of honor.

The hardware and little tab on the case pocket in my HBII case look just like TKL... anyone know who does make the PRS artist cases?

Well as I much as I like that artist case the handle sheared clean off the case today. It’s about a week old and has only been carried from the living room to the music room and back...

Surely this is warranty covered?

Back