Are you guys fretting out on the Silver Sky?

At Shaun's suggestion, I tried one out (during a visit to Guitar Village uk). Beautifully made and nicely set up. Weight and balance were ideal. However, the neck made my hand & wrist ache. Now that is something that has never happened before. I've never had comfort issues with any neck, and I have & use some pretty extreme ones. It was very odd. I played at least 3 other guitars while there without issue. It was a shame because in all other respects the SS was the better build.

Kenny Wayne Shepherd just got a new signature Strat. 7.25" radius. The blues players like it round.

Hopefully someone will summarize the Threads Of Hate(tm) on the interwebz about how bad this design is and the radius won’t allow bending and such.

And it has block inlays - what terrible savage would alter the looks of the neck??? They’ll never sell a single one!

Seriously though - the KWS Strat is transparent Sonic Blue that looks quite good over ash. It sounds great in his demo - I’d consider adding it to my S-type collection if it were a bit cheaper.

I pulled the trigger and ordered the G&L. 7.5" radius, small vintage frets, satin neck finish, okoume body wood, slim C nut profile ( 1 5/8" nut width, mild taper), triple humbucking pickups, stoptail bridge. Delivery ETA around december. I'll let you guys know.

Back