Are you experienced?

Have you been to PRS EXP?

• I'm experienced

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • no :(

Votes: 31 45.6%

• Total voters
I can't say enough about the Experience! Last year was my first one. I ended up meeting tons of great people, seeing amazing artists, and buying new #1 guitars for my wife and I.

And I got homework too! I've been listening to Coletrane's "A Love Supreme" every day at John McLaughlin's suggestion. I can't wait to see what I can learn from this year's event!

this will Be my second. last year only went on Saturday. Way too much to do in just one day. Doing all three this year.. School! Can't wait.

this will Be my second. last year only went on Saturday. Way too much to do in just one day. Doing all three this year.. School! Can't wait.
No doubt. I didn't feel like all 3 days were enough last year! It's a lot to take in, especially the 1st trip.

Thanks bud.....re the avatar.
I'm looking forward to attending my first. Based on the posts here I'm really psyched.

Some day ... Looking forward to see an European event set up in the future. :top:

"Honey, this year I'm going to the PRS Experience."

"What's that?"

"3 days of peace and music."

"Oh, like Woodstock?"

"Yeah, only there are tents and hotels, no mud, and no one will be naked."

"And no drugs, right?"

"Do Crestor, Lopressor and Plavix count as drugs?"

"Not really."

"Then I doubt strongly that anyone will have drugs."

"So what would you do there?"

"Look at guitars, watch guys playing guitars, play guitars myself. Maybe shop."

"You already do that every weekend. Why not just pitch a tent at Northeast Music Center?"

"Because Jack will be at Experience."

"How About Guitar Center then?"

"It's not the same. Plus I want to see my pals."

"You mean the guys like you who don't have lives and spend all their spare time on the PRS Forum?"

"Um...well, we have a lot in common."

"They could all be stalkers and weirdos for all you know."

"That's what I'm hoping for. Kindred spirits."

That was beautiful Les. I'm not Muslim, but for me I imagine it to be the equivalent of a trip to Mecca. Drove through Kent Island this weekend taking our dogs to the beach, and as we passed I had to tell my wife and kid we were passing the Dream Factory.

"Honey, this year I'm going to the PRS Experience."

"What's that?"

"3 days of peace and music."

"Oh, like Woodstock?"

"And no drugs, right?"

"Do Crestor, Lopressor and Plavix count as drugs?"

"Not really."

"Then I doubt strongly that anyone will have drugs."

"So what would you do there?"

"Look at guitars, watch guys playing guitars, play guitars myself. Maybe shop."

"You already do that every weekend. Why not just pitch a tent at Northeast Music Center?"

"Because Jack will be at Experience."

"How About Guitar Center then?"

"It's not the same. Plus I want to see my pals."

"You mean the guys like you who don't have lives and spend all their spare time on the PRS Forum?"

This.

Stalk you soon buddy. :wink:

Somebody has been tragically misinformed... :eek:

Yeah, this one needs no comment...

Sounds like a smart, observant woman - how'd she end up with you? :dontknow:

I mean, I know how my wife ended up with me - it was revenge!!! Revenge I tell ya!!! And when things are finally squared in the payback area, she's free to go!

That's Hilarious, I asked my wife if she would come. Her answer, was exactly what you said....no way, they could all be stalkers and weirdos for all you know. Looking forward to meeting all you weirdos and stalkers!

That's Hilarious, I asked my wife if she would come. Her answer, was exactly what you said....no way, they could all be stalkers and weirdos for all you know. Looking forward to meeting all you weirdos and stalkers!

I wish I could tell you that everyone who attends Experience is a "Good Guy". Sadly, that's not the case.

Two wallets have been lost that I know of (one was mine). Both were recovered without all the cash that was inside. In both cases, many hundreds of dollars were taken.

That said, you can't let the bad outweigh the good. The Experience draws large crowds of people who know and respect each other but it should still be treated like any other public event.

Bottom line:
Have a great time, buy something fun, always check your 6, and help PRS keep an eye on things.

My wife has zero desire to go. She has told me to go, but when I factor in airfare/hotel/car/food/drink cost, it's just difficult to justify.

Justify? What's this justify crap? I made you a reasonable offer to deduce your costs last year ... I just think you don't like us. Here's this years deal: I've already got reservations at HGI. Depending on recovery and Russia, I should be going. You can share the room with me and I'll have a car. Therefore all you need is airfare, food and drink ... and $9K for a PS. Some day Mike ...

Back