Are You a Car Guy?

I was a car guy for a long time; raced BMWs, and owned quite a few over the years, but also Alfas, Corvettes, etc.

But when I got into studio work, I found I needed cars that I could put equipment into without a hassle. so got into Jeep products and minivans so I could move rigs to sessions without tearing my hair out.

Now, however, I want a sports car again! Gonna take my time and find the right one.

Nah, especially given that I have been rear ended three times in less than two years. All three times I was at a complete stop and was hit by women driving SUV's while talking on their cell phones. In the third case the lady was also smoking and drinking her Starbucks while using the cell phone.

Nah, especially given that I have been rear ended three times in less than two years. All three times I was at a complete stop and was hit by women driving SUV's while talking on their cell phones. In the third case the lady was also smoking and drinking her Starbucks while using the cell phone.

You're just driving in the wrong places at the wrong time.
It is really hard to beat this.
CK_1995-s-8-PRedCar.JPG

I'm not a "car guy," I don't really know that much about cars and I don't even care about power, I just love the styling of old early-70s American muscle cars. I grew up with the Dukes of Hazzard, so the only car that ever lit my fire was the '69 Dodge Charger. I got really excited, though, when the Dodge Challenger concept was unveiled in 2006, and I waited six years before I was lucky enough to get one. That's what I drive now, a 2012 model in Blackberry Pearl, and I love it. The new Pentastar V6 engine that was introduced in 2011 has 305hp, just enough to be fun to drive without being too expensive or getting me into trouble. Plus it's got just enough room to put two carseats in the back for my little ones.

So I can't say I'm a car guy, but I definitely love my car.

That pretty much describes me, except I don't yet own a Challenger and my little ones have long been out of car seats. But my Jeep is starting to show its age, so I'm starting to look at my next vehicle. Haven't decided yet, but I'm starting a new job and it's a bit of a commute so I don't want a gas guzzler. I have plenty of time to look (assuming the Jeep holds out).

NO! to me a car is nothing but a eventual money pit that some mechanic is goung to continually rape you over!

Indeed I am.

Some of you may have seen my Triumph TR6 at the Experience. (hopefully I never buy an amp at the Experience... I know it wont fit anywhere in that car!)

AND, I am shopping for a new daily driver.

I keep going back and forth between the BMW 5 Series, and the Jaguar XF-R. They both have their pluses and minuses... Both fantastic cars, though.

I am not and never really have been a car guy. But I do have an unreasonable desire for a two door Jeep Wrangler despite its many flaws. I think it stems from the fact that in my youth it was my friends party car as we cruised the streets with the Beatles blasting from the 8 Track with a couple of six packs at our feet.

I just picked up a new Honda Accord EXL. My old Honda (which is still my daily driver) has 211,000 + miles on it. I'm hoping to get the same out of this new baby. Wow, talk about a culture shock, stepping from 1995 technology to Nav, power everything, lane departure warning...etc. I'm still reading through the 4" thick manual... When I first got the car, I didn't even know how to turn the dome light off.. :)

Nice, congrats on the new purchase! My 2010 Honda Element is the first new car I ever owned. I'm hoping to get 10 years or at least 150,000 miles out of it. It's only been three years and three months and I have over 50K on it, so I'm right on track.

For my next car I want one of these with the 6-speed manual.

2011-CadillacCTS-v-Sport-Wagon-side_58.jpg

For my next car I want one of these with the 6-speed manual.

2011-CadillacCTS-v-Sport-Wagon-side_58.jpg
So, you're saying, "Yes, I am a car guy." :) CTS-V, right? If you want to get one of the highest performance cars on the road, AND have a place to put your 4x12, this is the correct choice.

Back