Are You a Car Guy?

I hate cars (except for the DeLorean and the Pantera) and already have two, which makes no sense at all... but I'm about to get my father's black Mercury Crown Victoria! I'm thinking about getting one of those ATF or DEA windbreakers and start wearing my phone in one of those belt holsters just for the side bulge. It'll scare the sh!t out of my Rasta and drug dealer friends, they're already pretty suspicious of me anyway.

I hate cars (except for the DeLorean and the Pantera) and already have two, which makes no sense at all... but I'm about to get my father's black Mercury Crown Victoria! I'm thinking about getting one of those ATF or DEA windbreakers and start wearing my phone in one of those belt holsters just for the side bulge. It'll scare the sh!t out of my Rasta and drug dealer friends, they're already pretty suspicious of me anyway.

might get you a preemptive cap in the butt too....

I've been eyeballin' this:

Porsche911LADY.jpg

got my eye on the car too.

My sellers remorse car... :redface:

No trunk to speak of, bad rear view visibility, hard to get in and out of - and more smiles per mile than any other car I've owned...

3078_1073141433710_7026249_n.jpg

I figured there'd be more of us here. Here's the latest purchase and, to be honest, it gets waaaay too much attention for what it is: one-owner 1975 Pontiac Catalina Safari. I swapped the full wheel covers for the dog dish hubcaps. It's just a fun cruiser.

9449727798_e374958a7d_c.jpg
[/URL] Catalina_whitewalls by davidwallens, on Flickr[/IMG]

We also have a 1984 Porsche 911 Carrera and, yes, there's a PRS sticker on the window.

Porsche_at_Daytona.jpg

There's also a 1971 Innocenti Mini Cooper--basically the classic Mini Cooper but built under license in Italy.

Mead_Garden.jpg

Plus an early Miata and a few others.

I'm not so sure I agree with that. The old 2.7 liter 911s tended to eat timing chains at a pretty good rate.

You just described the entire 911 series. :biggrin: And it's a buyers' market out there right now. Just sayin'.

I think I would be if I weren't unable to drive (blind in left eye and half@ss vision in the right). I'm a gearhead in general and have a very collective personality.

I'm a car guy for sure. Used to race Porsches a few years ago. I sold the Porsches, but still have 2 BMWs. My daily driver is a 335i Twin Turbo. It's faster than my old Porsche Turbo, but I have two child seats in the back, and can carry a full load of groceries. Shows how priorities change. :)

Last edited:
I drive a dropped and hopped 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser. It's flamed out, has a lot of body work, and purrs like a kitten. I also don't have to bend over to get my gear in it, and it holds everything. I don't have time to go to a hosting site and sign up, so if anyone has another way, Pm me and I'll send you pictures from my computer.

I'm driving a 12 year old Lexus IS300 right now. The only things I can complain about are that it's an automatic and that the mechanical bits of the stereo system have crapped out.

Some of you yahoos got me hooked on Top Gear, so I'm on the prowl for something cool...

It needs to really look good, and have leather and a stick. That's harder than I'd hoped.

So far Audi looks like my best bet, and I'm not loving 'em!

I'm going to show my ignorance. What's "hopped"?
"Hopped" = hopped up = engine/drivetrain upgrades. Unless I'm too old and I'm completely wrong. :dontknow:

FYI, I've daily driven a '97 993 (that I've also put 150+ track hours on) for the past 9 years and it's still going strong. In fact very strong. It's the most reliable out-of-the-box track/street car I've experienced (the M3 is a very close #2, and STi is #3). Quick, gotta go knock on wood. :vroam:

Back