Are they overpriced compared to their relative counterpart brands?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there's one thing I've learned over the years I've spent on forums, threads like this one will always devolve into lowest-common-denominator hostility fests and opinion that's worth its weight in dung.

There's also a downside.

Last edited:
Lol my goodness. The op and others never said a personal or rude word about anyone here. We were having fun, until the forum moral clerics stepped in with their commandments. We talked only about product - neutral free market subject matter, but noooooo that is against the law you see.

It's the self appointed forum police getting all personal and flinging rude words all over the place. Dozens at my last count. No surprise for the descent into 'dung'.

Perhaps this forum is not the place to be, best left to the partisans. Good luck.

Lol my goodness. The op and others never said a personal or rude word about anyone here. We were having fun, until the forum moral clerics stepped in with their commandments. We talked only about product - neutral free market subject matter, but noooooo that is against the law you see.

It's the self appointed forum police getting all personal and flinging rude words all over the place. Dozens at my last count. No surprise for the descent into 'dung'.

Perhaps this forum is not the place to be, best left to the partisans. Good luck.

Why would you think my 'dung' comment was about your posts?

What we have here is a thread that poses an absurdly subjective and unanswerable question, that is probably insulting and ridiculous to the people who own this forum, and the only thing that it actually accomplishes is to get people pissed off.

It's a perfect example of a troll thread.

Though I do appreciate your help in proving the point I made on page one.

Last edited:
Yes it's subjective. Perhaps your subjective opinions are exactly what people are after, and it is in fact valuable to them. Why? Because unless they've already acquired years of experience with PRS guitars, some people have no opinions about PRS at all and they need some.

Or they have been exposed to false subjective negatives about PRS from gib fanboys. And they seek your subjective opinions to even things out.

If a neutral cannot come to the bona fide PRS village for subjective opinions, without being made to feel unwelcome or unpleasant, then perhaps something is wrong. I would just give the op my subjective side of the story and that's it. Yeah I'm a fool to have paid a fortune for my PS, but I'm a happy fool (Better a fool for PRS PS than Mercedes Benz PS for me).

As for the forum sponsor themselves, I would hazard a guess that they do not mind hearing the negatives alongside the positives. Coffee shop talk is important to get a pulse of the feeling out there. For years we've heard the view out there that PRS are expensive, lawyers' guitars blah blah etc etc. Wonder why nobody ever calls $3000 gibson swiss cheese LP standards doctors' guitars. But without feelers for these things out there, would the SE and S2 models have been created to so much joy? I dunno, anyone's guess.

I've exceeded the word count limit obviously. Only reason for this final post is that I see an opportunity to contribute a 2 cent positive to the protocol of this forum. This forum should encourage neutrals, not fizz em off. Good luck and take care of those beauties! Woohoo! We of this generation get to own the PRSi of PRS' time. Heirloom is an appropriate word.

As for the forum sponsor themselves, I would hazard a guess that they do not mind hearing the negatives alongside the positives....

Yeah, it's kind not like that though.. This place is more of a marketing tool for PRS, than it is a market research tool. Just tryin' to be real.. Check out some of the past threads in the archive, peruse the vast number of forum rules, and recognize that the "Forum Police" are just tryin' to live up to a "vibe", "attitude", or "sense of community" that it has been tryin' to establish for two years. The dudes that seem combatant are coming from a place of love and respect for what out buddy Paul and his company stand for, so it could come off as mean-spirited or close minded, but it's more so from a place of realization, and just executed unsatisfactorily.

It's kinda like being at the Great Gatsby's parties, where you recognize that while the host of the party may have their own interests in mind that they must put first to achieve their own goals... You're still drinking his champagne, hooking up with other people he's introduced you to, having a great time enjoying PSF, learning stuff you couldn't have otherwise, and have entered into a mutually exclusive agreement to be buddies and not really dwell upon subjects that the host may take offense to, or become uncomfortable with before he says "party's over".

Everybody has the right and pleasure to say whatever they want, wherever they want... I support that. I just feel that threads like these that straddle the line of appropriateness so precariously are prone to get some nasty remarks.

Everybody chill... the drinks are on the house.

Last edited:
The OP, along with many other people legitimately asking similar questions, is posting here to solicit views that leads to a sound purchase.
Yeah...no. Requesting subjective responses results in only a popular vote. Instead of gather objective details to help you make an informed decision, let's find out what the cool kids are doing so I can fit in. "Four out of five Internet Trolls (look, I capitalized out of respect) agree that your purple tee shirt sucks". Great! Divisive discussions at a place designed to bring people together...hmm, another turd in the punch bowl. Outstanding.

Bob,, you can come hang out in my playground with your hippie ideals...variety is the spice of life. Live and let live. A good guitar is a good guitar, to me. Cold beer included. But be careful: someone might think it's complete sh*t.

You're entitled to your opinion as long as you aren't a complete **** about it. That's just rude. And that's coming from someone that's a complete a$$. :biggrin:

Think how Dawn feels.
:call: Let's ask her!

:vroam:

Last edited:
Yeah, it's kind not like that though.. This place is more of a marketing tool for PRS, than it is a market research tool. Just tryin' to be real.. Check out some of the past threads in the archive, peruse the vast number of forum rules, and recognize that the "Forum Police" are just tryin' to live up to a "vibe", "attitude", or "sense of community" that it has been tryin' to establish for two years. The dudes that seem combatant are coming from a place of love and respect for what out buddy Paul and his company stand for, so it could come off as mean-spirited or close minded, but it's more so from a place of realization, and just executed unsatisfactorily.

It's kinda like being at the Great Gatsby's parties, where you recognize that while the host of the party may have their own interests in mind that they must put first to achieve their own goals... You're still drinking his champagne, hooking up with other people he's introduced you to, having a great time enjoying PSF, learning stuff you couldn't have otherwise, and have entered into a mutually exclusive agreement to be buddies and not really dwell upon subjects that the host may take offense to, or become uncomfortable with before he says "party's over".

Everybody has the right and pleasure to say whatever they want, wherever they want... I support that. I just feel that threads like these that straddle the line of appropriateness so precariously are prone to get some nasty remarks.

Everybody chill... the drinks are on the house.

Remarkable. That's how effectiveness works. Thanks and noted.

I am intrigued at your statement here. What in your opinion does Paul and his company stand for? I have a feeling your answer would be interesting for me.
If there was any reason to give you the benefit of the doubt that your sole purpose here is not just to stir some sh*t up for your own amusement...this post removed any doubt..

If there was any reason to give you the benefit of the doubt that your sole purpose here is not just to stir some sh*t up for your own amusement...this post removed any doubt..

Touchy and impetuous as a princess, tsk tsk tsk. The question was not addressed to you though.

Last edited:
You gentlemen do realize you've clicked your way to prsguitars.com right? Perhaps you meant to click on your bookmark for The Gear Page or Harmony Central instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back