Are they overpriced compared to their relative counterpart brands?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is what I have....

R9
R8 Double Carve
R8
R7
B7 (3 pickup version)
B5
R5 (actually 4 of them, in various configurations that they did in Mr. Potatohead fashion....)
Two Vintage 1954 Les Pauls
1961 Les Pau SG reissue
Non Custom Shop 62 Reissue SG
Norlin era '72 SG
Non Custom Shop Firebird
ES335
ES335 Custom Shop
American Standard Strat
MIM Tele
DGT
Signature Limited (Stoptail and Trem)
SC58
SC Ted BRW neck
DC Ted
Private Stock DG Sig (Dealer Commissioned)
Private Stock "Earth" (Dealer Comissioned)
BRW neck 513
McCarty 25th Narrowfield
A couple of Knaggs, a Parker, and probably another few that I can't remember at the moment....

Thanks Gary

I love it when SpongeBob says: Garrrrrrrreeeee
Gary_blows_raspberry..png

That's a fantastic green snail bowl. It's really quite special. Congrats.

I have 642 just like it.

Thanks Gary.

• 1 cup Karo® Light OR Dark Corn Syrup
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
  • 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) pecans
  • 1 (9-inch) unbaked OR frozen** deep-dish pie crust

[h=2]Directions[/h]
Watch Video

1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
  2. Mix corn syrup, eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla using a spoon. Stir in pecans. Pour filling into pie crust.
  3. Bake on center rack of oven for 60 to 70 minutes (see tips for doneness, below). Cool for 2 hours on wire rack before serving.

Heh some people here have objections to free discussions in a free forum. I pay no heed to such people. Their freedom to object, my freedom to ignore and continue posting.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;164100 said:
Pie already?

Pie was due on the very first page.

Yes, the forum is free. And gently moderated. That means anyone can come on and start a troll thread like this one if they don't have enough sense to understand that they are being extremely rude to the company who is providing that forum, gratis.

Yes, you can continue to spew veiled, and not so veiled, attacks at people you don't know and call it free speech.

And I'm gonna call you on that crap every time.

This is a community. If you have a point to make, find a way to do it without insulting the person you are responding to, the other members and the company that's letting you do it on their dime.

Pie was due on the very first page.

Yes, the forum is free. And gently moderated. That means anyone can come on and start a troll thread like this one if they don't have enough sense to understand that they are being extremely rude to the company who is providing that forum, gratis.

Yes, you can continue to spew veiled, and not so veiled, attacks at people you don't know and call it free speech.

And I'm gonna call you on that crap every time.

This is a community. If you have a point to make, find a way to do it without insulting the person you are responding to, the other members and the company that's letting you do it on their dime.

Well that depends on how sensitive and easily offended people are. What you called 'veiled attacks' are genuine views from other people who sincerely wish to exchange info. Don't be rude to them too. And I will call anyone out on that too.

Last edited:
Well that depends on how sensitive and easily offended people are. What you called 'veiled attacks' are genuine views from other people who sincerely wish to exchange info. Don't be rude to them too. And I will call anyone out on that too.

Bull. Make whatever point you care to make in such a way that how sensitive or easily offended people may or may not be is immaterial. Respect your fellow members and your host. It is just that simple.

There is no room for ad hominem here.

Bull. Make whatever point you care to make in such a way that how sensitive or easily offended people may or may not be is immaterial. Respect your fellow members and your host. It is just that simple.

There is no room for ad hominem here.

Agree to disagree.

The whole relic thing is easy to understand.

Take brand of guitar where inconsistency between guitars is a known issue. Pickups differ, neck shapes inconsistent, build quality all over the place...the sight of a worn guitar means that someone else has already vouched for this being a good one. Any issues either were not present, were fixed, or were worn in to the point that someone felt it gig worthy. This one must have mojo.

Now the ones that are built brand new and distressed? They are like any other fake antique. I don't get it.

Spanky brand new axes are going to be vintage in 30 years time anyway, and I sure am looking forward to it!! I for one prefer a vintage whose finish that may be dull due to age, yet is as mint as possible.

I think private stocks with PRS' signature will be precious in the far future, especially with the company's growth trajectory. There is only one Paul Smith. Imagine having a vintage Gib with Les Paul's signature - that'll be a right comparison. Ok there'd be 20,000 PS with signatures by then probably, but still...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back