Are the SE and S2 (85/15"S") pickups the same?

lynnj163

Jeff Lynn
I was watching the PRS videos for the new 2017 line SE Custom 24 and S2 Standard 24 and noticed that in both videos he referred to the pickups in each guitar as 85/15 "S" pickups. Obviously I can see that the SE ones are Zebra vs. all black in most S2's but are they the same pickups otherwise? It doesn't seem like they would be but it would be kinda odd to name them the same if they aren't.

Forgive me if this has been discussed before but apparently 85/15 "S" is too short or common to be able to search the forums for but I did try.

I can't say definitively but my guess is that they are the same. They are likely made by G&B pickup company. This should be the case because I'm 90% sure that G&B have made SE pickups and the S2 pickups since the inception of each line.

I can't say definitively but my guess is that they are the same. They are likely made by G&B pickup company. This should be the case because I'm 90% sure that G&B have made SE pickups and the S2 pickups since the inception of each line.

Yeah that was pretty much my thoughts on it too. I just wasn't sure if maybe it had been discussed and figured out before.

Back