Are the core line customs worth the money?

A patient told me the other day, "Don't open a can of worms, unless you're ready to go fishing!" Immediately came to mind when I saw this thread pop up in my feed!

As Les said a while back, can't ratinonalize an emotional decision. Does that mean we won't try? Hell no. We're hopeless, and we accept it.

On the topic of choosing something out of current stock, vs ordering and waiting: Although I enjoy all of my PRS guitars, the ones I've enjoyed the most are usually the ones I find locally, play, and feel a strong connection with, feel and tone primarily, and as long as I don't dislike the options or the way they look, they're keepers. Because let's be honest, there are a lot of good looking PRS guitars out there, it's not like it's "this finish or none at all" when it comes to looks. If I were being picky like that, all my guitars would be quilt tops, black gold, or natural backs. In reality, I've strayed from that and had zero regrets. My only rule is not to just buy something because it's there (in the shop), buy it because I connect with it, if not, let it go and be patient. If you aren't laser-focused on certain features and finish, and can accept a great instrument for what it is, rather than what it's not, you won't be compromising. If you order, wait, and it isn't what you had hoped... well, that's a different story, although it may go your way. Hard to say!

On the topic of "Are core guitars worth the price?" I'm going to proclaim myself the least qualified guy to say, who shall say anyways. I turn the question back around to the one asking "Is (insert price of core guitar here) worth it to YOU?" If you'll have to drive a POS car that you hate, compromise on your health care, or give up something else of value to afford it... probably not. That's where the beauty of the PRS catalog comes in - there are guitars all the way down to $500, and if you need a great instrument, you can find one on almost any budget. Now, if the price of said Core guitar is manageable to you, and doesn't mean you'll be living out of the hardshell case it comes in to afford it, I doubt you'll regret it. They definitely get even better as you move up the line. I've not regretted any amount of money I've paid going from SE up to S2, and again up to some of the more affordable core instruments.

That was the extremely sound advice that I needed to hear! Thank you! Pictures of the new axe to follow...

Atta boy! I was gonna suggest you buy one now and order your other one with the pretense of selling the first. Although, we all know that you would end up keeping both!

Others here know what I mean when I say this will not be your last PRS. Sure, you may make big plans for only owning one and that’s it, and even reassure your significant other of that, but forget plans. You will own more than one.

Surely half a dozen early posts of mine buried somewhere tried really hard to deny all this, as I ran circles around the 594 flag I'd planted in the ground.

"Yeah, other guys maybe feel that way, not me. I'm so happy with this one PRS."

Elapsed time between core purchases: 1 year, 3 months, 20 days.

I'd have cut that in less than half if I'd been paying attention the first time. ;)

Surely half a dozen early posts of mine buried somewhere tried really hard to deny all this, as I ran circles around the 594 flag I'd planted in the ground.

"Yeah, other guys maybe feel that way, not me. I'm so happy with this one PRS."

Elapsed time between core purchases: 1 year, 3 months, 20 days.

I'd have cut that in less than half if I'd been paying attention the first time. ;)
From 1 to 4 took me 4 years, 10 months and 20 days.

So... What's number 3 going to be? ;)

There have been many times I’ve gotten down to one be-all, end-all PRS, and proclaimed that I only need one guitar.

Then I’ve bought more.

There isn’t a prize for being consistent.

Consistently inconsistent?

That would be me. Still waiting for my prizes, though.

I’m worth a million in prizes
With my torture film
Drive a GTO
Wear a uniform
All on a government loan
I’m worth a million in prizes
Yeah I’m through with sleeping on the sidewalk
No more beating my brains
With liquor and drugs
With the liquor and drugs

Well I’m just a modern guy
Of course I’ve had it in the ear before