Are Nebula Silver Sky’s THAT Desirable?!

BTW - In the 1970s, a man found a strat body copy that was going to be trashed and painted it with Automotive spray paint. He then then put an aftermarket strat neck on it, put an old 60s tremolo with a half working Gibson PAF pick up in it, didn't know how to wire it and so once he got it working, he just stuck/jammed the strat switch in it, and proceeded to make history.

We all know that the magic is in the fingers. However, I have more money than talent, therefore, I buy guitars instead of lessons!!!!! Yes, I am an idiot.

BTW - PRS heavily tried to get Eddie. I have seen a couple of pics of the prototypes they made. Yes, they were not suppose to have pictures leaked. That said, if Eddie did go to PRS, I am sure the price points would be higher. So, I am grateful that he didn't.

Now, if only we could get a PRS Alex Lifeson Signature 594 model.......Remember, you read it here first!

I’d have bought one at list, just for the oddity of it. But I wouldn’t go much over that, much less two or three times over. I don’t get that at all.

Carvin had a multi-hued finish they called Harlequin Prismatique back when, and it would be cool stage finish to have, but it ain’t that cool.

Maybe, a couple of people got together and decided to inflate the price and post them for sale on purpose. Then, people would think 3k or 3.5k might be a great deal and hence keeping demand high. I am just saying......
This might sound like a conspiracy theory, but eBay literally has this problem and there's a group dedicated to detecting fraud like this.

It doesn't seem that those north-of-$6000 listings are selling...

I always liked the color, since the Ernie Ball JP6.
Wouldn't overpay for it though...

Are they really going for those asking prices tho?

I bet the actuals are lower.
Looking at the price history on Reverb of those that sold "used" there were 8 sales with an average of $5531. So yeah, people are getting at least 2x the list. Can't say that I blame the sellers. If I had the opportunity, to buy one at list, I would flip it for a profit and turn around and get a sweet Wood Library McCarty.

And now there's even authorized dealers listing for double list price on Reverb. Crazy for a paint job but I guess people really want them.

I remember working at a car dealership in my early 20s and one of the salespeople telling me about how the new Corvette special model at the time was selling out on preorder at $10K over the sticker price. Supply & demand, crazy as it is.

And now there's even authorized dealers listing for double list price on Reverb. Crazy for a paint job but I guess people really want them.

Yes, Matter of fact I purchased a nebula from one of the "Signature" dealers, and at the last minute, they refunded my money with a few excuses why, one of them was someone else bought it from under me, one was someone else bought it and now it is on consignment, and offered it to me for 5K right after I got my $2599 back. I emailed PRS Consumer relations about this, and there was nothing they could do about it but call the store and ask questions.. I guess it is OK for a signature dealer to double charge the PRS customers any way they want with these new guitars. I would have thought that is not OK with such a company but it is. I was told it was unfortunate this happened to me, and good news is they returned my money! and that was that..

There are always going to be situations where two orders/offers get accepted at the same time. I've had it happen, too (though not with a Nebula). I'm sure it's not the dealer that is selling the guitar as consignment.

I had the same thoughts of “yea ok good luck with that.” when I saw people listing them for $5-7k, and then they seemed to actually sell! I have no idea what is making people buy them at that price. I had an EBMM JP6 in basically the same finish that I could barely give away. ”

I love that color. I should have bought the one I saw at GC a few years ago. It was stupid cheap

Carvin had a multi-hued finish they called Harlequin Prismatique back when, and it would be cool stage finish to have, but it ain’t that cool.

I had a TL60T in that color. It was actually pretty lame compared to my holoflake Custom Shop Jacksons.

BTW - In the 1970s, a man found a strat body copy that was going to be trashed and painted it with Automotive spray paint. He then then put an aftermarket strat neck on it, put an old 60s tremolo with a half working Gibson PAF pick up in it, didn't know how to wire it and so once he got it working, he just stuck/jammed the strat switch in it, and proceeded to make history.

We all know that the magic is in the fingers. However, I have more money than talent, therefore, I buy guitars instead of lessons!!!!! Yes, I am an idiot.

BTW - PRS heavily tried to get Eddie. I have seen a couple of pics of the prototypes they made. Yes, they were not suppose to have pictures leaked. That said, if Eddie did go to PRS, I am sure the price points would be higher. So, I am grateful that he didn't.

Now, if only we could get a PRS Alex Lifeson Signature 594 model.......Remember, you read it here first!
I got tired of waiting for the AL 594 (I had his Gibby AL Axcess model for a while) so I ordered this P245T instead with the PV neck carve. I sacrificed the 0.094” scale length for the piezo :)

56588-D4-A-FA18-4503-809-D-FFB1-D37-D3008.jpg

Just to be sure, I ordered the NH on the right (no piezo) at 24.75” scale length. My eveeel plan is to order a 594T some day :D

Yes, Matter of fact I purchased a nebula from one of the "Signature" dealers, and at the last minute, they refunded my money with a few excuses why, one of them was someone else bought it from under me, one was someone else bought it and now it is on consignment, and offered it to me for 5K right after I got my $2599 back. I emailed PRS Consumer relations about this, and there was nothing they could do about it but call the store and ask questions.. I guess it is OK for a signature dealer to double charge the PRS customers any way they want with these new guitars. I would have thought that is not OK with such a company but it is. I was told it was unfortunate this happened to me, and good news is they returned my money! and that was that..
Sorry to hear this - that really sucks! Glad you got your money back.

I saw a dealer list one around 5k on Reverb and I was shocked - haven’t seen a dealer mark up a new guitar that much above MAP before.

Back