Archtop Owners

I have it!

FILuLxEl.jpg

K9wzUWDl.jpg

Yeah you do! Congratulations Dale.

Maybe you could do a Donald Fagen “The Nightfly” tribute -

There is a beautifully “woody” note at 2:41 on this track.

This was a favorite of my friends and I back in college. As usual pristine production.

I am currently listening to my teacher’s new cd Triple Bridge. It’s pretty great, the recording is spectacular.

Given similar wood combinations (like maple cap or spruce), I’ve never heard the difference between an Archtop and a Hollowbody. Some folks claim the Archtops sound better acoustically. That hasn’t been my experience.
Very interesting as I've heard some said they heard the difference. I'd like to try to compare both models for myself but the chance is so rare.

Just out of my curiousity, does the AT's 4-inch-depth body discomfort you when playing for longer than an hour? I never played a guitar that thick before so would love to hear your input.

Very interesting as I've heard some said they heard the difference. I'd like to try to compare both models for myself but the chance is so rare.

Just out of my curiousity, does the AT's 4-inch-depth body discomfort you when playing for longer than an hour? I never played a guitar that thick before so would love to hear your input.

No but I am a little over 6 feet tall with monkey arms so I can’t say I’ve really ever noticed the additional body thickness.

Maple....How are you digging the guitar??
Do you have an HB for comparison? How about compared to your new 335??

I love it, I’ve had HB in the past but not currently. The HB gives me more of a 335 vibe where as this guitar, for me, feels right with a wound 3rd & getting a bit darker & dryer tone. I like the larger body as I think it has a bit more acoustic properties.

The 335 was a gift I’m honored to have, I love it, but the larger body feels less comfortable than the AT.

thanks for the post!

Last edited:
Back